PCGamingWiki collaboration with Gamesplanet

Andytizer

After some fruitful discussion with Jean-Phillipe from Gamesplanet - digital PC games shop, we've come to a collaboration agreement that will benefit both parties:

Gamesplanet will be providing access to their full digital library of games (including future AAA releases). These codes will be distributed and used to help PCGamingWiki to fulfil one of its main goals: to create and keep articles of fixes for PC games up-to-date.

In exchange, PCGamingWiki will be adding Gamesplanet to our Availability table, and doing some cross promotion.

To support the endeavour I'd like to encourage PCGamingWiki supporters to add Gamesplanet entries to relevant game pages and help show our appreciation. 

The new formatting is explained here and is as follows - for example Fallout 4's entry would be:

{{Availability/row| Gamesplanet | 2838-1 | Steam | | | Windows }}

If you are interested in receiving these new review codes for writing up PCGamingWiki articles, please refer to the Assignments forum. We have a very busy November 2015 coming up and no one has made claims for the big AAA games yet, e.g. Fallout 4, Star Wars: Battlefront, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, etc. Please refer to Assignment Guidelines for more information about how to request review codes.

I bought Metal Gear Rising Revengeance from them, the support was pretty quick, it's a decent storefront. Can any games be requested from the Gamesplanet catalogue? Even already released titles? Is there a limit to the codes or can multiple editors participate now? (mostly related to pc reports)

I would request any of these games but I have no idea if I can run them decently, people don't seem to like my test hardware so I'm not sure if I should bother. I also wasn't too happy with the quality of my reports seeing as I didn't have enough time to clean them up so they are really rushed out. I was wondering if pre-release codes are available for that kind of stuff.

So how will the fact that they have 3 different language regions with separate prices handled? Or is this UK region only?

Also only thing I "bought" from them was the glitched Dead Rising 3 that was free. :D

Good on them for not revoking it!

So how will the fact that they have 3 different language regions with separate prices handled? Or is this UK region only?

Also only thing I "bought" from them was the glitched Dead Rising 3 that was free. :D

Heh, I also got Dead Rising 3 from them (sorry about that :v). Probably UK only, I doubt we'll have to bother with the German website.

Not to hijack the thread, but this reminded me since you added new store. How to handle games that were pulled from digital stores and then somehow "returned" to stores PCGW doesn't have.

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures for example. All stores offer digital version.

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=wallaceandgromitsgrandadventures

https://www.gamebillet.com/eu/Wallace-and-Gromit-s-Grand-Adventures-p10729c65c72.html

Should the mention just be removed or what do?

To support the endeavour I'd like to encourage PCGamingWiki supporters to add Gamesplanet entries to relevant game pages and help show our appreciation.

Links are now present for the dated upcoming releases sold by Gamesplanet.

There is currently a large backlog of games with no availability OS details, so this would be a great time to deal with both situations.

The wiki is linking to Gamesplanet without a country code, so they would then redirect visitors on their end. Gamesplanet game IDs seem to be the same across languages so that shouldn't be a problem.

I bought Metal Gear Rising Revengeance from them, the support was pretty quick, it's a decent storefront. Can any games be requested from the Gamesplanet catalogue? Even already released titles? Is there a limit to the codes or can multiple editors participate now? (mostly related to pc reports)

From my discussion with Gamesplanet, we will have access to anything they have access to, just need to ask and it'll be placed into our shared Gamesplanet account (access has been given to Pridit and Soeb). I imagine this being requested on a case by case basis. Some games will have multiple copies, e.g. they are offering up 3 copies of Anno 2205. I'll be making the first requests on Monday so hopefully will have a better understanding of the process then.

I think it makes sense for us to use the 'default' domain for now and let them geolocate to the FR or DE site. They'll be adding USD pricing soon.

Not to hijack the thread, but this reminded me since you added new store. How to handle games that were pulled from digital stores and then somehow "returned" to stores PCGW doesn't have.

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures for example. All stores offer digital version.

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=wallaceandgromitsgrandadventures

https://www.gamebillet.com/eu/Wallace-and-Gromit-s-Grand-Adventures-p10729c65c72.html

Should the mention just be removed or what do?

I'm happy for the x3 locations to be listed:

Gamesrocket, DLGamer, FunStock Digital

They'll just be one-offs, no need to add them to any templates.

Many thanks all especially Garrett for jumping in so quickly and those who have added the links so far, much appreciated.

This is a truly landmark deal you've managed to negotiate, Andytizer! I don't know if anyone's realized it, but this agreement not only dramatically reduces the chance an assignment request is rejected because no game key can be acquired (as far as major/AAA releases go), but it also reduces the load on Pridit and any future assignment moderators as all that's needed is to request the key from Gamesplanet instead of going through a publisher/developer's PR department. (I'm not dissing insider relations, of course. That's always helpful and beneficial!)

I don't know, if other storefronts were contacted they would probably help, maybe. GOG does this already anyway, the only bad thing about the GOG account is that you can't really choose what games you want to work on.

You didn't answer my question :D

So does that mean the mention can be removed? Since they are sold digitally.

I reckon it should be okay to remove that mention.

However I would think that those other sites are 'limited' key resellers- they probably have a stock of old Steam keys that may or may not run out. Still worth mentioning though.

I reckon it should be okay to remove that mention.

However I would think that those other sites are 'limited' key resellers- they probably have a stock of old Steam keys that may or may not run out. Still worth mentioning though.

Okay thanks. BTW none of those are Steam keys. They are downloaded through the site usually.

Okay thanks. BTW none of those are Steam keys. They are downloaded through the site usually.

Hmm that's a weird one, perhaps we should include them then - I can't find anywhere else to buy them digitally.

Have spoken to Gamesplanet and they've followed through on our request for keys, we have:

Fallout 4

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 (to be released soon)

Also we have 3 Anno 2205 keys to use, 2 of which we'll be doing a promotion/giveaway.

Hopefully this is the start of a good working relationship, and means our November is going to be very busy!

fdvzFEp.png

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 464 Guests (See full list)