Editing guide

ThatOneReaper

I saw but it's not really clear, it should be updated with a gallery with examples set to something like. "The description. (1/3), ..., ..."

• 2 weeks later...

I've been finding a few games, such as the original King's Quest (http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/King%27s_Quest:_Quest_for_the_Crown#Version_differences) and Railroad Tycoon II (http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Railroad_Tycoon_II#Version_differences), where there are multiple releases, each with their own differences and features. For such games, I've been adding in a "Version differences" subsection to the Availability section so people can identify what version has what. Since such situations aren't covered by the guide, how should such situations be handled?

Though, it's a bit odd, considering everything is technically just a side note of retail.

That's my thinking as well - I also try to link to the version differences in the retail section where possible - but I'd rather have an official way of handling such situations rather than an unofficial one which may prove in discussions to be sub-optimal.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering how many Linux ports are getting announced lately, I think the infobox section should contain a tip on making citations for release dates.

A little OT: is there not a button to create a hyperlink in the forum posting form?

Considering how many Linux ports are getting announced lately, I think the infobox section should contain a tip on making citations for release dates.

I don't really understand how the link is related, sorry, kinda confused.

PS: These new member icons look so strange.

Oh, and speaking of Linux..

I believe winehq should still be present, even when native versions are available.

Why? Lots of times ports are missing features of the windows version, such as surround sound, multiplayer compatibility or even just (for whatever reason) performance

Oh, and consistency perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

After this crazily stupid debate, I think we should pose more attention to logic. ¹ removed links stupid IP board

I don't think we should consider wrong or bad double buffered vertical sync (we should state that in video settings note and link here for explanations though, or why not, have some of those mouseover tooltip)
The negative point should only be brought up if there's some wicked mechanism like in Dead Space case.

Only then, there should be a specific issues entry, and even in that case (if it's enabled by default) the solution should just be: disable it.
Then for those and only those interested to have it, mention workarounds/alternatives

Hoping this way people could stop seeing the alternative to in-game vsync as the fix for in-game vsync

Oh and then there would still be that thing about fixboxes

After this crazily stupid debate, I think we should pose more attention to logic. ¹ ³

I don't think we should consider wrong or bad double buffered vertical sync (we should state that in video settings note and link here for explanations though, or why not, have some of those mouseover tooltip)

The negative point should only be brought up if there's some wicked mechanism like in Dead Space case.

Only then, there should be a specific issues entry, and even in that case (if it's enabled by default) the solution should just be: disable it.

Then for those and only those interested to have it, mention workarounds/alternatives

Hoping this way people could stop seeing the alternative to in-game vsync as the fix for in-game vsync

Oh and then there would still be that thing about fixboxes

Dude like, your posts are honestly unreadable, stop doing that tiny text thingy, it makes everything so much harder to understand. I can't even be bothered to read them because of that.

I know it's mean but I'm not asking for much. Is one of your links broken? Did you mean to link another page? http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin

Actually Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition and Mighty Gunvolt vsync introduces so massive input lag people notice it (talking near one second) and indeed disabling or forcing vsync externally, did fix the issues not only for me but for others as well.

Problem was that my monitor was 144Hz and those games are capped at 60 FPS, so that input lag wasn't there with the monitor. 

RaTcHeT302, on 24 Nov 2015 - 02:01 AM, said:

Is one of your links broken? Did you mean to link another page? http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin

That's still the same IP board bug that is super annoying.