Certain store links open 2 tabs

GamersGate and some other store links open 2 tabs if you middleclick on them. Really annoying, because I just want to check out if the link works and it opens 2 damn tabs instead of one :/

Firefox treats them as Popups, for some reason.

I noticed this months ago but haven't been able to fix it. Unfortunately, I think it's Mozilla's fault.

Actually I forgot to mention I use Chrome.

This is related to our solution for having referral links.

Unfortunately, there is little in terms of a solution.

Ah I expected this is the case. Well I hope it'll get fixed one day.

This is related to our solution for having referral links.

Unfortunately, there is little in terms of a solution.

These referrals could be migrated to Template:Availability/switch. I didn't do this at the time because I had no way of checking that the IDs used in the JavaScript are correct and/or the current implementation (some sites seem to use multiple referral formats, e.g. Green Man Gaming).

Discontinuing the JavaScript method would mean losing affiliate IDs on the occasional manual links to those sites but that's probably not a very large percentage of links. Any links handled through tables or templates could be adapted to include it through a template.

This is something I'd like to fix at some point as I'd like to do additional work on the Availability table in the future. We can migrate away from the Javascript method to an 'official' way of adding specific store links. Also we'll be implementing a definitive 'minimum' list of stores to include in Availability.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 325 Guests (See full list)