Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.
Original source: Guru3D
This is the atiumdag.dll file v220.127.116.111. It is for fixing rendering issues in games with AMD/ATI GPUs.
The file should only be used with game fixes that specifically link to this version. It should not be used in any other case.
General installation instructions:
To install it, extract the file to the folder where the main game executable resides. Accept any overwrite dialog windows that may appear.
NOTE: It is recommended to backup any existing version of the DLL file in the game folder before overwriting it.
This is a working copy of the atioglxx.dll file which fixes the Homeworld classic crash on launch. Here's the origin of this file:
1. Downloaded the amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe file from AMD
2. Extracted via ATI installer process
3. Ran "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll"
4. Created a sha1 checksum of the resulting file
5. 7zipped the files
Archive checksum: "d3172a29a6231f42efa10aec4164e9210167be7e *HW2_working_atioglxx.dll.7z"
Notes: results may vary.
These files are from the Windows 10 version of the AMD drivers which focuses on DirectX 12, but they may offer a performance boost in games based on DirectX 11.
These driver libraries off-loads calls from the CPU to the GPU, improving performance (especially if you have a lower-end CPU).
Find the location of your game's exectuable1.
Extract the archive's files into the same directory.
Start the game.
1. The actual game's exectuable, not the launcher's (if the game has got one). The right directory can be found by starting the game, opening Windows' task manager, going to the processes tab, and then right-clicking on the game's executable (often named after the game, or the game's engine. Usually, a DirectX 11 game will take up more memory than all your other programs) and clicking "Open File Location".
Simply remove the four .dll files from the game's exectuable's directory.
Is Something Wrong?
No performance difference:
The game you want to use these libraries with may not utilize these files.
Your GPU may be outdated and may not support these libraries.
The game itself may not be optimized and thus may not benefit from these libraries.
Your GPU doesn't support the most recent driver libraries. Try a previous version.
Game doesn't start any more:
Your GPU doesn't support these libraries. Remove the four .dll files.
Original source, repo.
Who's Online 1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Most OnlineNewest Member