Disco Elysium - 60hz/60fps Camera Judder Fix

1 Screenshot

About This File

This patch fixes the camera judder for Disco Elysium running at 60hz/60fps

GOG Instructions:
- Download Fix
- Use RomPatcher.js (https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/) or use an IPS patching utility
- For ROM file select "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file from \Game Folder\Disco Elysium_Data\Managed\
- For Patch file select "Disco Elysium [GOG 406890b8]-60FPS_Fix.ips"  
- Click apply and save the "Assembly-CSharp (patched).dll" to \Game Folder\Disco Elysium_Data\Managed\
- Rename "Assembly-CSharp (patched).dll" to "Assembly-CSharp.dll" overwriting the original file

Steam Instructions:
- Download Fix
- Use Floating IPS (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1040/) or another BPS patching utility
- For Patch select "Disco Elysium [Steam b9038863]-60FPS_Fix.bps"
- For File to Patch select "GameAssembly.dll" file from \Game Folder\
- Save "Disco Elysium [Steam b9038863]-60FPS_Fix.dll" to \Game Folder\
- Rename "Disco Elysium [Steam b9038863]-60FPS_Fix.dll" to "GameAssembly.dll" overwriting the original file

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Updated for new game version

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is your patch compatible with Steam version ?

I don't understand how to apply it. In the Steam game folder, I can't find a "\DiscoElysium_Data\Managed" folder, and there is no "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file. There is instead a "\Disco_Data\il2cpp_data" folder.

Share this comment

On 7/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, chachardus said:

Is your patch compatible with Steam version ?

I don't understand how to apply it. In the Steam game folder, I can't find a "\DiscoElysium_Data\Managed" folder, and there is no "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file. There is instead a "\Disco_Data\il2cpp_data" folder.

This fix/patch is currently working and tested on the newest GOG version as of July 5th. From a quick look at the file structure of the Steam version it almost looks like a different port of the game... I will see if I can implement the framerate fix on the steam version as well when I get a chance. I will also update the descriptions of these unity fixes I've been uploading to be more specific of the storefront/game version I test/patch with

Share this comment

On 7/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, loafyx said:

This fix/patch is currently working and tested on the newest GOG version as of July 5th. From a quick look at the file structure of the Steam version it almost looks like a different port of the game... I will see if I can implement the framerate fix on the steam version as well when I get a chance. I will also update the descriptions of these unity fixes I've been uploading to be more specific of the storefront/game version I test/patch with

Have you had any luck with this @loafyx?  Thanks in advance for anything you've done to help this amazing game run better!

Share this comment

I think that the steam patch isnt working anymore. I tried to update de dll file but all the patchers that i tried shows a mismatch. Maybe a game update?

PD: ¿Is posible to use the patch to fix at 75hz?

Share this comment

I have updated patches for Steam and GOG ready to upload as soon as the file submissions on the community site is re-enabled.

The current steam 60FPS fix is for #b9038863 build of the game. I have been slowly switching my patches over to xdelta to avoid mismatches on versions like this in the future.

And yes I would think 75hz fixes would be possible for some of these older Unity games as long as it doesn't break the physics.

Share this comment

Would it be possible for you to explain how you create these patches so that others can make them in your stead?  There have been several updates, and the patches no longer work with them.

Thanks.

Share this comment

On 12/20/2022 at 11:47 PM, LAN021 said:

Can confirm it's not working on Steam (9936276) and would appreciate an update.

I can confirm as well (10784047) would also appreciate an update.  

Share this comment

not working for me on Steam either, the patching software comes up with an error. followed all the steps to the letter

Share this comment

I was able to get this working by downloading the July 1st 2022 version of the game (I used this guide on downgrading Steam games)

Not sure if there are any major downsides to rolling back this many updates...but for now, the game is running without issue and scrolling smoothly at 60fps 🙂 This works well at 120fps also, since it's a multiple of 60.

Share this comment

I got this error whent trying to patch on the Steam version of the game." This patch is not intended for this ROM ". When trying to patch the GameAssembly.dll file

Share this comment

On 9/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, LoafyX said:

I have updated patches for Steam and GOG ready to upload as soon as the file submissions on the community site is re-enabled.

The current steam 60FPS fix is for #b9038863 build of the game. I have been slowly switching my patches over to xdelta to avoid mismatches on versions like this in the future.

And yes I would think 75hz fixes would be possible for some of these older Unity games as long as it doesn't break the physics.

I got this error when trying to patch on the Steam version of the game." This patch is not intended for this ROM ". When trying to patch the GameAssembly.dll file

Edited by arbiter

Share this comment