About This File

This update installer is based on the official Japanese patch of Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition 2006 PC port.

Other people are having problems when using the official patch so I made this to make it easier.

Before

image.png

After

image.png.b45815882a8a4357b2bb0768d9e98e97.png

The "Mov" and "InstallPath" registry will follow the Installation Folder's path.

You still might wanna mess with the Registry since the "Language" will be set to default as English.

1. Open Registry Editor (Win + R, enter regedit).

2. For x64, go to 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CAPCOM\Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

For x86, go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CAPCOM\Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

3. Modify the "Language" value then select one of the following numbers:

0 - English
1 - Japanese
2 - German
3 - French
4 - Italian
5 - Spanish

4. Exit Registry Editor then Launch the game.

What's New in Version 1.3.0c

Released

I'll add a Mirror Link here since if I ever made updates, this will be the first place to receive the changes. https://www.mediafire.com/file/27jkxas9lxjbd2d

EDIT1: Updated the behavior to always overwrite when updating game files.
EDIT2: Updated the behavior of overwriting the "Language" registry value. If your default value is "5", it will still be the same after the update. If the entire registry is empty/non-existent, the default value will be set to "0".
EDIT3: Fixed Dante and Vergil's text errors in the Files > Devil Arms and Guns section for all languages.
EDIT4: 4GB LAA Patch was applied to "dmc3se.exe".
EDIT5: Added Japanese related files that are exclusive from the SourceNext version. An example is having its own "Exit" option in the Title Menu screen.
EDIT6: Modified "dmc3se.exe" to change "J" to "I" as Cancel button when navigating menus using Keyboard. "I" is the equivalent of Triangle as Cancel in the PS2 version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.