Resident Evil 3 Flawless Widescreen Fix for 32:9/Surround

About This File

Flawless Widescreen plugin for fixing wrong Field of View in 32:9 and Surround/Eyefinity resolutions.
(And remove Vignette)

- Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\" and unpack the content of this archive.
(If it asks about overwriting some folders, accept - it will add new files and not overwrite any existing ones.)
- Start FWS and select the plugin (under Helifax section).
- Enable the plugin.
- Play the game.

Fixes:
- Correct FOV for : Menu, Cinematics, Gameplay, Aiming, etc
- Ability to Remove Vignette (thanks to Jackfuste in RE2 https://www.wsgf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=174153#p174153)
- Disable Memory Anti-Tamper detection the game uses (Thanks to Cielos https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=11883)

Known Issues:
- The plugin uses a delay of 15 seconds, before the fix is applied. After a lot testing on my PC (using a Mechanical HDD) 15 seconds seems to be enough.
- If for some reason, after the fix is applied you find that you can not interact with the world or cinematics are not triggered this means the fix was applied too early and the Anti-Cheat the game uses disabled interactions in the game.
- To fix this: Quit the game, Quit Flawless Widescreen, Start the game and get to the main menu. AT+TAB, start Flawless Widescreen and enable the fix. (Wait 15 seconds and the main menu FOV should now be corrected).

Tested in both 32:9 and 48:9!

For a video showing the whole intro in 32:9, you can check here:

Hope you like it!
Cheers,
Helifax

fix.jpg

Resident Evil 3 Remake Screenshot 2020.04.05 - 22.55.15.97.jpg

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm getting an error "Could not find FOV_Fix injection point, Resident Evil 3 may have updated to a version that is no longer supported." in FWS. I tried launching after the menu and before, nothing works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Share this comment

I received the same error as dev850. I attempted launching this before and after I started the game but no such luck. Any updates to this plugin? Thanks for any help!

Share this comment

Is there any update to the "Could not find FOV_Fix injection point, Resident Evil 3 may have updated to a version that is no longer supported." error? Been searching everywhere for a fix but can't seem to find anything that has worked for me.

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, deej said:

Is there any update to the "Could not find FOV_Fix injection point, Resident Evil 3 may have updated to a version that is no longer supported." error? Been searching everywhere for a fix but can't seem to find anything that has worked for me.

Yes

Share this comment

Awesome that someone updated the fix. I will make sure to include it here.
Sorry for not being able to look at the game or update the fix. I have a lot of other things on my plate atm :)

Share this comment

48 minutes ago, Helifax@WSGF said:

Awesome that someone updated the fix. I will make sure to include it here.
Sorry for not being able to look at the game or update the fix. I have a lot of other things on my plate atm 🙂

No apology needed, without your original script there would be no updated fix version :). Thank you for your work!

Share this comment

downloaded this, and it shuts off the tickbox on flawless widescreen after around 5 seconds. tried doing starting FW up before launching the game and the other way around but it does not seem to work. anyone having the same issue? im doing this on a 4:1 Aspect ratio (4800x1200)

Edit: i now see that im also having that "FOV injection point". will investigate

Share this comment

Hello friends !

it seems the fix doesn't work anymore because the game has been updated.

i tried many times using "know issues" but however, it doesn't work 😞   and the game is zoomed, unplayable. 

i'm using 48:9 ratio 

thanks for help !

2023-11-06_03h00_40.png

Share this comment