About This File

This PWAD restores the red cross icons back to DOOM 64.

What's New in Version 1.01

Released

Changes for v1.01
- Replaced the xdelta patch with a PWAD which will prevent you from doing this again if the game's IWAD gets updated
- Reduced the size of the replaced medkits by using pngcrush
- Rewrote the instructions
---------------------------------

This PWAD will restore the original red cross icons on the medkits in the game.
First go to the DOOM 64 folder. To access the folder, right-click on DOOM 64 in your Steam library, hover over Manage > and select Browse local files.
Copy uncensored.wad from this zipped folder into the DOOM 64 folder.
Go back to your Steam library, right-click on DOOM 64, select Properties... and then select SET LAUNCH OPTIONS...
Enter the parameter "-file uncensored.wad" without quotes and click OK.

Thanks to Zeikar on Steam for the original instructions and providing the uncensored files.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1148590/discussions/0/1870623125772922501/#c1870623125773045336
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2028148168

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Tried spending the last hour making and testing a PWAD for the game made using SLADE and it doesn't seem to load at all regardless if I use the -file parameter or drag the PWAD on the executable.

Made a mistake by forgetting to add S_START and S_END to the PWAD.

Share this comment

Minor question, why are the link to the Steam Community thread duplicated ? I removed the duplicate a while back but it seemed to come back when you updated the file...¬†ūü§Ē

Share this comment

Has anyone tested this on the Bethesda.net version of the game? I know everyone loves Steam, but this sure has to work on that version too... And as far as I can recall, the other Doom games doesn't need the Bethesda.net launcher after you installi it.

I wish I could tell you about that last part.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Aemony said:

Minor question, why are the link to the Steam Community thread duplicated ? I removed the duplicate a while back but it seemed to come back when you updated the file...¬†ūü§Ē

Made a mistake and meant to link the Steam Guide that was made. I corrected that just now.

Share this comment

Could you get around disabling steam achievements if you just replace the sprites in the main .wad file with the uncensored ones with something like SLADE?

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, Username said:

You can bypass achievements getting disabled by injecting the sprites into the game's IWAD using Slade.

Confirmed!

I first tried that by going to the original solution. Remember to overwrite the sprites by importing them into their destinations instead of dragging and dropping and unchecking the box iwad_lock in Edit > Preferences > Advanced.

Share this comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Andytizer
      Bethesda appear to have accidentally released the DRM-free exe of Doom Eternal on the Bethesda.net store according to this post on /r/CrackWatch. Within the game package was an exe file which had the Denuvo-free exe. Bethesda have now patched the exe file with the correct Denuvo DRM. 
    • By Andytizer
      The release date of Doom Eternal, previously November 22, 2019, has now been pushed back to March 20, 2020.
      Whilst this is obviously disappointing for PC gamers, extra time to polish a game can never hurt.
      Doom Eternal was also pushed heavily as a launch title for Stadia in November 2019, so this delay will have other ramifications on the platform. However Bethesda are still going to be releasing games on Stadia from their back catalogue: Doom (2016), Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, and Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
      The information about the delay came in this tweet:

• By Wolfinston
      A patch that includes files that both restore, as well as add, removed, as well as shortened executions back into the game.

Reinstituting both gore effects, as well as blood effects to interrogations, executions, or even simple blood splatters.

It also removes, and clears the image of the "black and white" filter that the game displays when executing enemies after interrogating them.

The patch its also perfectly compatible with the widescreen fix made by "ThirteenAG".

I didn't created the patch, I would give credit to the person that did, but sadly I don't know who, or how many people where involved in the creation of this patch.
    • By ThatOneReaper
      This is the individual IWAD file for the shareware version of Doom. It is the latest version available.

This file was taken from a fresh install of the Doom shareware release.

The shareware come with the first episode "Knee-Deep in the Dead".

Note that this file is meant to be used with a source port of the game. How to Install the file will vary depending on the source port.

Details (and a download link of the original shareware release) can be found on the Doom wiki page.
    • By ThatOneReaper
      Original file: http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/info/shareware.php

This is the shareware version of Doom. It is the latest version available.

The shareware come with the first episode "Knee-Deep in the Dead".

Note that this version was designed to work with DOS. To run it under modern systems, DOSBox or a source port is required.

Details (and a download link of the shareware IWAD file) can be found on the Doom wiki page.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 342 Guests (See full list)