standardising game data

Garrett

Change %programdata% to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%, so windows XP is supported too

Anyway, I was wondering how could we best remove all those repetitive paths that load fixboxes...

I mean, I found it's burdening to repeat ten times %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Bioware\Mass Effect\Config, or every other configuration path

So, I was starting to simply link #Configuration files location to fileini.ini

In the past I even did something like this

Newbier this way would have to simply click on the .ini name, whilst power users would already know where to go

Well "Documents" folder isn't in XP, why would variable be XP version? %PROGRAMDATA% is bit easier if user doesn't know it can be copy pasted then defaulty it can be found in OS root with same name. Maybe hover tip for %ALLUSERPROFILE% ?

I have been been using string "Navigate to your [[#Game data|Configuration file(s) location]]." and works pretty well with copy pasting to other pages when needed. That's usually better if there's error, game updates or comes to other platforms as well and also unifies how articles and fixes are written. 

I have noted the Windows XP path differences on game data. I think this is sufficient since Windows XP's extended support ended last month; many pages already use incompatible paths (as Marioysikax noted).

I think the line linking to the configuration files location is probably the clearest method for those cases. It might be possible to change the CSS to have links always underlined when used inside <code> (right now those links blend in with regular text).

Could a "Partialy" value be added yet? It would be really useful.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of simple \Steam with steam or \Ubisoft with uplay, should %PROGRAMFILES(X86)% be used with tooltip that it's just default location which could've been changed by user during installation?

Instead of simple \Steam with steam or \Ubisoft with uplay, should %PROGRAMFILES(X86)% be used with tooltip that it's just default location which could've been changed by user during installation?

I'm always against absolute path. A popup like we already have on lots of words would be better (see post #34)

• 2 weeks later...

FOV or FoV?

64-Bit or 64-bit 

OS or Os?

I prefer the capitalized ones but just wondering.

In the Video Settings table tho FOV is being used.