You are absolutely insane

Cosmitz

..and i really wish that this project will take off. I know how big an undertaking this is, and i hope it will foster a quality self-agregating community that will be able to carry it. I'll be sticking around anyway.

Now, i actually have an question.. is the content going to be based on initial releases of games with patch-fixes mentioned in the articles, or should we just assume the latest patch is applied and actually delete content that relates to a fixed issue as patches come out?

Didn't notice anything relating to this.

..and i really wish that this project will take off. I know how big an undertaking this is, and i hope it will foster a quality self-agregating community that will be able to carry it. I'll be sticking around anyway.

Now, i actually have an question.. is the content going to be based on initial releases of games with patch-fixes mentioned in the articles, or should we just assume the latest patch is applied and actually delete content that relates to a fixed issue as patches come out?

It's supposed to be initial releases if i remember correctly.

If an issue is fixed by an official patch that works, then I think it's safe to say that it 'overwrites' any other hacks or fixes for those issues. We can take out issues fixed by patches basically.

It might be worth mentioning infamous issues in 'Key points' that have been fixed so people are aware. For example, Far Cry 3 was unplayable for many people, but this has been fixed by subsequent patches so we should remove those issues.

And thanks for the support :) spread the word.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking the attitude that if a problem exists and is patched, then it shouldn't be given too much attention. Just be sure to mention the patch. With Steam games and autopatching becoming more common, I'm not worried about it as much, it's not like it used to be. I mainly stick to the Civ areas here, and Civ V is automatically patched, so that article only covers issues existing in the current patch (I removed any information on the release version and old copies of the game, because they effectively no longer exist).

So I think it should be a given that patching the game is an important first step in troubleshooting, before any do-it-yourself work on fixing the game. Then the article should reflect what official patches don't address (or introduce, in some cases). That's how I look at it.