Batman: Arkham City GOTY - Steam DirectX11 Lighting Bug fix for page submission

darius1911

There's a little reported bug with the GOTY version on steam that causes some DX11 point lights to not blend correctly and show their polygonal edges.

Here's the steam thread with the fix:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/810939350937769623/?ctp=2

And the fix itself in a google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60dyrffWO_PNU50N0h3bE9fZkk/view?usp=sharing

Visually the issue is very noticeable when looking at Tyger helicopter searchlights and the first room in the museum with the TVs pointed at Batman, they look like giant polygonal shapes that brighten anything within or behind them from your POV.

The fix replaces two shader files that were sourced from the original GFWL release, the steam version's ones are the culprit. If someone could archive these and add a link and description on the wiki page that would be great.

Unrelated, but I was trying to post this on the arkham city discussion page but captcha kept on resetting after pressing add topic, sorry I just made the account to try to put it on there so if I did something wrong my mistake.

Hey there @darius1911. No don't worry you didn't do anything wrong, there was a bug with Captcha on discussion pages which I had discovered previously but didn't get fully patched out. If anything due to you making a post about it here was better as it meant I happened to come across it a lot sooner!

Anyway as for the lighting fix for Batman Arkham City, I've gone ahead and added it as a fixbox to the article page and uploaded the graphic cache files to the downloads section so that they will remain easy to access for anyone in the future.