Monkey Island 2 SE low FPS bug?

Hi fellas.

New to the forums, but I use the PCGW to get the most out of my games.

Today I installed Monkey Island 2 SE, and I noticed that the scrolling in the game is a bit choppy. I think it has been like that since forever, but now I googled it and found out other ppl noticed it too.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/32460/discussions/0/864979455454150181/

As the Steam thread says, capping FPS to 30 makes the scrolling smooth, but instead mouse movement is choppier.

I tried some basic stuff, but nothing makes the game run at 60+ FPS permanently  it seems. Moving the mouse quick makes the FPS go up, but it's only as long as the mouse move.

• 2 weeks later...

To disable FPS limiter, open Monkey2.exe in HEX-editor

Find and replace these bytes:

76 05 0F 57 C0 EB 06 → 89 C0 0F 57 C0 EB 06

The Steam version Monkey2.exe may need to be unpacked using Steamless

Vsync should be ON or you need to use external FPS limiter to limit FPS below 1000, otherwise the game may fail to startup.

• 2 years later...
On 8/3/2020 at 7:06 PM, muyfa666 said:

Hi fellas.

New to the forums, but I use the PCGW to get the most out of my games.

Today I installed Monkey Island 2 SE, and I noticed that the scrolling in the game is a bit choppy. I think it has been like that since forever, but now I googled it and found out other ppl noticed it too.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/32460/discussions/0/864979455454150181/

As the Steam thread says, capping FPS to 30 makes the scrolling smooth, but instead mouse movement is choppier.

I tried some basic stuff, but nothing makes the game run at 60+ FPS permanently  it seems. Moving the mouse quick makes the FPS go up, but it's only as long as the mouse move.

That was my post almost 10 years ago, lol. And now I just found out about this solution!

Thank you all, greetings from Argentina!