Time limit between edits

Antrad

I think it might be a good idea to make some kind of time limit for making edits.

Just look at this mess here in history:

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Area_51_(2005)

9 edits in 7 minutes and it seems nothing was changed in the end. Surprising this was not misused by bots or something. It is annoying to check the changes when people go on a edit spree like this with very short edits.

Maybe after the third edit in a short time span to block for 5 minutes, like when login in.

Click on "X changes" on your watchlist to see a combined diff from all the latest changes made.

In this case the user basically didn't use the Preview option properly, and was new to the wiki, and experimented to see what worked until finally giving up.

There actually are edit limits configured already, and the time difference between each tiny edit (approx. one minute for each) shows that they most likely hit those as well.

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 1:33 PM, Aemony said:

Click on "X changes" on your watchlist to see a combined diff from all the latest changes made.

In this case the user basically didn't use the Preview option properly, and was new to the wiki, and experimented to see what worked until finally giving up.

There actually are edit limits configured already, and the time difference between each tiny edit (approx. one minute for each) shows that they most likely hit those as well.

Terribly sorry for the exact same mess I made on NFS MW 2005 page. I had the same issue as the user you described except the giving up part. I have learned since then.