tinyBuild CEO attributes anti-piracy DRM stance to improper representative training, announces updates for GOG versions of their titles

tinybuildCEO.jpg.10f69442b8cc6240f4ba25906cd2b700.jpg

CEO of tinyBuild, Alex Nichiporchik, released a statement on r/GOG, addressing the recent controversy involving the withholding of DLC and updates from the GOG editions of their titles, specifically with Party Hard 1 & 2.

Nichiporchik claims to disagree with the anti-piracy stance disclosed by the representative in regards to DRM-free releases, also stating:

"What happened is that we didn't do proper training for our community management team on the subject matter, and the result blew up in our face."

He also states that he is fond of DRM-free software, and that Party Hard 1 & 2 will both be receiving DLC as well as updates on Monday. Furthermore, while he defends certain DRM-free titles lack of updates to be caused by differences with “platform-specific dependencies”, but also assures that it “doesn’t explain DLC/OST missing though.”

There is still no reason provided to the initial lack of support for the GOG versions of these games. Still, it’s great to see tinyBuild respond positively to the backlash, and work to correct their errors.

This still rubs me the wrong way. We have posts from May 2019 that complain of this missing content, which probably means this content was missing even before this. Yet all of the sudden, Alex Nichiporchik cares about the GOG releases after major backlash...

Its great that this content is coming, but it seems he is only doing it because of the backlash. If this backlash never happened, I'd imagine they would have done jack shit.

1 hour ago, AlexKVideos1 said:

Its great that this content is coming, but it seems he is only doing it because of the backlash. If this backlash never happened, I'd imagine they would have done jack shit.

I suppose it's good that a backlash has achieved the desired result, I can't imagine a 'better' outcome even if the publisher never really cared beyond the backlash.

25 minutes ago, Andytizer said:

I suppose it's good that a backlash has achieved the desired result, I can't imagine a 'better' outcome even if the publisher never really cared beyond the backlash.

Definitely, but I don't like the whole notation that backlashes are needed to cause change. tinyBuild should have just updated the games on GOG to avoid this shitshow to begin with.

14 hours ago, Oxion3 said:

Added tinyBuild to my ignore list on Steam just in case.

I think that is a bit excessive, since they are working to alleviate the issue. I would definitely agree with this if tinyBuild wasn't willing to backtrack on the "Anti-DRM" stance.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, AlexKVideos1 said:

Definitely, but I don't like the whole notation that backlashes are needed to cause change. tinyBuild should have just updated the games on GOG to avoid this shitshow to begin with.

tinyBuild focus on everything bar improve their company image. I always cringe when I want to support a developer that they decide to pick up. 90% of the time I refuse to go ahead with it.