Halo: Reach PC beta leaked, screenshots show ultra-wide monitor, 4K resolution, customizable FOV and high frame rate support

gravhammer.thumb.jpg.296d1722cc0dae41b8ad680f5ae97f78.jpg

The closed flighting program for Halo: The Master Chief Collection has come and gone, allowing the chosen few to play through a mission of Halo: Reach’s campaign, “Tip of the Spear”.

Reception has been positive, with support for ultra-wide monitors, 4K resolution, a customizable FOV, and high frame rates being included in this beta build.

Reddit user divinepixel77 uploaded an album to Imgur, displaying the ranges of ultra-wide resolutions available.

i5ggzLj.thumb.png.a978a28d0bea2ae4ec7fc88f8116cdf5.png

This is a 21:9 screenshot of Halo: Reach, with the FOV setting at maximum.

However, much to the chagrin of 343 Industries, the beta files have been leaked.

Tyler Davis, Community Support and Engagement Coordinator at 343 Industries, tweeted on the matter, stating “If you download or play this illegal copy, we have the right to ban all associated accounts and remove you from all current or future 343 programs.”

While there are currently no reports regarding bans, it is advisable to not take the risk. 343 Industries has stated another beta period will commence, but has not provided any time frame on the matter.

FYI I played the leak on a sockpuppet MS account, separate Windows installation on a new partition and VPN just to be safe and I can say the wait will be well worth it. The game played fantastic on my system. (i7-6700k / GTX 980 / 16GB Ram)