New Forum and Community sites

Andytizer

Happy to announce new Forums/content sites are in place, and the older Forums are being deprecated. Single sign-on should be working, if not please contact me at andytizer@gmail.com.

Things that still need doing:

• move all older attachments into the Downloads section and re-link on PCGamingWiki
  • some work on the global sidebar (latest topics, latest news, etc.)
  • double check permissions on all groups and news submissions
  • reskin PCGamingWiki to incorporate the IP Board header
  • redo Home page to incorporate Forums/News feeds
  • redo friendly URLs for the site (JRWR is working on this)
  • speed optimisations (IP Board seems to be loading a little slow compared to MediaWiki or the old PHPBB3 forums)
  • implement slider comparison for screenshots
Long road ahead still but we'll get there soon enough.

Please leave a comment if there's anything you'd like implementing.

Click here to view the article

Looks much better! However, I'd change the background of either the site itself or the PCGW logo to match each other. Or just make the PCGW logo transparent!

Some problems:

On the forums "Wiki" has two tabs. 

The favicon on the forum is now no longer the PCGW favicon, but an Invision Power Board logo.

Looks much better! However, I'd change the background of either the site itself or the PCGW logo to match each other. Or just make the PCGW logo transparent!

Some problems:

On the forums "Wiki" has two tabs. 

The favicon on the forum is now no longer the PCGW favicon, but an Invision Power Board logo.

All resolved now, I'm still working on the forum so there may be more issues but it's very much a work in progress.

New forums are awesome - clean and intuitive. Good job guys.

Edit: Just tried to modify my display name, but PCGamingWiki password doesn't work as authorisation, I merely get "Incorrect password". Anyone know why?

Edit 2: A number of other things I've noticed. Firstly clicking the PCGW logo at the top redirects you to the news section rather than the front page of the forums. Secondly, the "New content" feature doesn't seem to work at the moment. Also on user profile pages, part of the control panel overlaps the tweets section significantly.

New forums are awesome - clean and intuitive. Good job guys.

Edit: Just tried to modify my display name, but PCGamingWiki password doesn't work as authorisation, I merely get "Incorrect password". Anyone know why?

Edit 2: A number of other things I've noticed. Firstly clicking the PCGW logo at the top redirects you to the news section rather than the front page of the forums. Secondly, the "New content" feature doesn't seem to work at the moment. Also on user profile pages, part of the control panel overlaps the tweets section significantly.

Thanks for the feedback:

1) I'll IM you about the issue with the password.

2) I'll be switching the logo link as soon as I've reskinned the Wiki to include the navigation bar at the top.