Collapsing additional stores in availability table

Garrett

Ok, ok, ok new plan after Deus ex big mess.
Including "if the drm is just used at installation time" and only to redeem once key, is it drm?
And "if retail or online store gives you the key, why the corresponding column is empty?"

↗ DRM1
                                            OS1
                                          ↗    ↘ DRM2
                                      Key
                                    ↗    ↘
                            Edition        OS2 --> DRM
                          ↗         ↘       
        Different regions             Key --> OS --> DRM        
      ↗                   ↘ 
Store                       Edition --> Steam key, see that. 
      ↘                                             
        Different regions --> Edition --> Key --> OS --> DRM

Of course it's not like every damn game should go through that, but this seems the most comprehensive hierarchy possible.

I'm totally wrecked now, so figuring out where notes should be placed is left to the reader. And so how the hell to code this.

To be honest, if we really had to go from the most "big" factor to the smallest, region would probably be the first.
But since.. I dunno, reasons? Better if we cut the philosophy

A big thanks to BFBC2 drm/securom/origin situation and to ME1 cd project collector's edition for cues

Could we hide stores selling Steam keys by default as all Steam games can be purchased directly from Valve? I know that PCGW has affiliate links for some retailers, feel free to educate me. 

Is there a list for all retailers used in the availability table?

Is GOG's affiliate program currently active? I have found no information on GOG.com and looks like the plan has been discontinued. PCGW's affiliate ?pp=708a77db476d737e54b8bf4663fc79b346d696d2 disappears when browsing to another page on the site.

Is GOG's affiliate program currently active? I have found no information on GOG.com and looks like the plan has been discontinued. PCGW's affiliate ?pp=708a77db476d737e54b8bf4663fc79b346d696d2 disappears when browsing to another page on the site.

The program is still valid as far as I know. Some stores record the affiliate code for a certain time (so it applies even though it isn't kept in the URL). Amazon does this, and GOG.com probably does too since their links have always lost the ID right away.

• 2 weeks later...

So better if we rename the thread to something along the lines of implementing whatever I wandered. =)

And.. So collapsing should only serve for discontinued games?

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 379 Guests (See full list)