Steamworks DRM in articles

For the philosophical mumblings, you can check the threads I linked in the second post.

My personal interpretation of The Dichotomy is that seriously nobody in their right minds care for impositions, as long as they aren't limitations (and I mean, possibly not even stallman, given 99.999% of games are closed source in the first place, so "highest freedom" is already a lost cause).

Especially given.. what's the point of mentioning steam requirement for download if that (and more?) is already mentioned at purchase time?

And I could go on all the day with thought experiments: why nothing about GOG browser-to-download (and why not, buy!) requirement?

Is Windows itself a DRM for games after all?

You could have a point then, in a kind of {if(platform=steam)&&(drm=free)}=="note explicitly this doesn't require steam/create a shortcut" check.

Which in an ideal world would be redundantly useless.. But I guess quite a lot of people are probably missing that.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 271 Guests (See full list)