PCGamingWiki Skin v3.0

Nicereddy

Recent changes is something that as moderator is really helpful.. but I don't really see the utility from a phone (which is only a "device for end users" imo)

I think considering mobile to have users with inherently different problems and goals isn't the right way to go here. We want to have as much feature parity between desktop and mobile as possible (except editing, because that'd just become a mess even if we had VisualEditor).

I know mobile users don't have the same requirements, but it seems needless to remove 100% access from mobile when we could just add them to a Home page block.

We could fit them all inside the Statistics block and it would only take 1 or 2 lines of vertical space.

This is the analytics for the top 50 pages visited after the Home page for the last 30 days.

The Category:Windows is the most popular, and Category:Games is number 2.

Special:RecentChanges appears at number 11 - this will undoubtedly increase once the embed is removed from Home.

LToW3Q7.png

I still don't get the usefulness of Category:Windows and Category:Games pages for people..

Why would you be interested in those lists?

This is the analytics for the top 50 pages visited after the Home page for the last 30 days.

The Category:Windows is the most popular, and Category:Games is number 2.

Special:RecentChanges appears at number 11 - this will undoubtedly increase once the embed is removed from Home.

LToW3Q7.png

I still don't get the usefulness of Category:Windows and Category:Games pages for people..

Why would you be interested in those lists?

The categories pages haven't been optimized for mobile, and I wonder if people are clicking it under the assumption that it would be more useable than it is, e.g. a list of cover art? Or just clicking it because it's one of the most prominent elements on the current home page?

The categories pages haven't been optimized for mobile, and I wonder if people are clicking it under the assumption that it would be more useable than it is, e.g. a list of cover art? Or just clicking it because it's one of the most prominent elements on the current home page?

That was also my assumption (given the lack of a clear purpose)

The Editing Guide has been completed!

Now we just need to finish the Featured Articles, update the Upcoming Releases card, add a welcome card, and fix some minor bugs, then we'll be ready to launch.

Editing guide is looking very fancy now. The separate pages have made it quite manageable.

How should we work that disclaimer? I can put it in the footer below the CC-BY-SA disclaimer.

​

​Maybe something like this:

​

Some store links may include affiliate tags. Buying through these links helps support PCGamingWiki (Learn more).

Editing guide is looking very fancy now. The separate pages have made it quite manageable.

​

​Maybe something like this:

​

Some store links may include affiliate tags. Buying through these links helps support PCGamingWiki (Learn more).

Disclaimer has been added.