FOV and RTS Games

Could someone clear this up? For the most part the N/A value feel as if it's being used incorrectly.

My main issue was that for the most part some RTS games have their FOV set to "Impossible" while some other RTS games have the FOV value set to "N/A". There's some confusion as to if one should expect RTS games to have custom or set in stone field of views, certain games simply have fixed cameras (such as point and click games) but the FOV might be affected when played on multiple monitors and such.

I just find it rather odd when an RTS game, which clearly doesn't have a fixed camera is set to N/A, it just strikes me as odd and rather confusing because I am always unsure how to treat such cases, mainly because there might be some other factors which do or might allow the FOV to be changed, in the end we still have a camera with it's own FOV, so I'm not really sure, I've always found this to be rather confusing and I'm not sure how everyone treats these cases on the wiki.

TL;DR: How should the FOV in RTS games, other 2D games with fixed cameras and such be classified and treated as?

Just wanted to say that FOV hacks were implemented for some RTS and 2D/2.5D games in Flawless Widescreen. Typically it's to make Vert- games more playable on multiple monitors, but it can still be used on a single monitor setup.

RTS: Supreme Commander 2 and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

2D/2.5D: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Child of Light, and Flashback (2013). As well as Unmechanical whose FOV is changed via Unreal Engine's fov # command.

So given these examples I might say it still applies to these genres, even if hacks are hard to come by.

There are many genres where FOV doesn't apply though like 2D games. Perhaps we could make our N/A icon more grey like the unknown icon so that it doesn't look like such a 'black mark' against the game.

Just wanted to say that FOV hacks were implemented for some RTS and 2D/2.5D games in Flawless Widescreen. Typically it's to make Vert- games more playable on multiple monitors, but it can still be used on a single monitor setup.

RTS: Supreme Commander 2 and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

2D/2.5D: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Child of Light, and Flashback (2013). As well as Unmechanical whose FOV is changed via Unreal Engine's fov # command.

So given these examples I might say it still applies to these genres, even if hacks are hard to come by.

Tanks

There are many genres where FOV doesn't apply though like 2D games. Perhaps we could make our N/A icon more grey like the unknown icon so that it doesn't look like such a 'black mark' against the game.

I thought the current color was fine, I was just unsure about how it should be used with certain more modern RTS games, I never really cared about the color itself, just the usage.

Hmm, I guess so. Some people may consider it a key factor, if the FOV ever feels too close/restricted. But that may be up to personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...

We could do something like hide the row if N/A is applied.

Actualy, this would be cool I suppose.