DirectInput Force Feedback Driver for XInput - Masahiko Morii

1 Screenshot

About This File

Complete DirectInput Force Feedback Driver for XInput - Masahiko Morii MSI pack including all versions ever released!

Very rare to find nowadays.

List of files

xi.win7.x64.en.msi > Windows 7      x64/64bit   English
xi.win7.x86.en.msi > Windows 7      x86/32bit   English
xi.wlh.x64.en.msi  > Windows Vista  x64/64bit   English
xi.wlh.x86.en.msi  > Windows Vista  x86/32bit   English
xi.wnet.x64.en.msi > Windows XP     x64/64bit   English
xi.wxp.x86.en.msi  > Windows XP     x86/32bit   English

xi.win7.x64.ja.msi > Windows 7      x64/64bit   Japanese
xi.win7.x86.ja.msi > Windows 7      x86/32bit   Japanese
xi.wlh.x64.ja.msi  > Windows Vista  x64/64bit   Japanese
xi.wlh.x86.ja.msi  > Windows Vista  x86/32bit   Japanese
xi.wnet.x64.ja.msi > Windows XP     x64/64bit   Japanese
xi.wxp.x86.ja.msi  > Windows XP     x86/32bit   Japanese

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for uploading these! They're one of the most critical tools for players of older games.

I did a minor change and added "DirectInput" to the title and description though, as these drivers basically add support for force feedback in DirectInput games for XInput-based controllers.

The original title is most likely a translation issue or unfamiliarity with English.

Share this comment

I don't want to be that guy, but I thought we had dismissed this solution already with XInput Plus, due to the bugs and problems it caused here and there?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Mirh said:

I don't want to be that guy, but I thought we had dismissed this solution already with XInput Plus, due to the bugs and problems it caused here and there?

No idea -- never heard of Xinput Plus before today.

I used to use this driver to enable force feedback in old DirectInput based games on my Xbox Controller and don't remember having run into any noticeable issues with it, so feel free to elaborate on what potential issues you mean.

Looking up XInput Plus, that tool allows rebinding what Xbox Controller buttons the virtual DirectInput controller maps to, which is sorta another use case entirely -- primarily to solve issues between games expecting different controller layouts. Sure, that tool might encompass more, feature-wise, but I see no reason as to why that would prevent the inclusion of this tool. If I only care about a couple of DirectInput games which all expects the same controller button layout then I'd personally prefer this install-it-and-forget-it driver as opposed to messing with a separate tool and whatnot.

Share this comment

Are there any differences in terms of functionality between the x86 and x64 versions of the driver?

Do some games require specifically one version of the driver?

Share this comment

5 hours ago, mrpenguinb said:

Are there any differences in terms of functionality between the x86 and x64 versions of the driver?

Do some games require specifically one version of the driver?

No, it's solely based on the architecture of your operating system. x64 versions of Windows require the 64-bit driver, and vice versa.

Share this comment

On the website, there is a useful .inf file for resolving vibration not working in games. It clears DirectInput and OEM properties in the registry.

The file in question: xi.etc.zip

Maybe this will fix some issues that people are having, or else it could mess everything up even more.

Does not vibrate when installed
Try deleting the device information of DirectInput under "DirectInput & OEM Property Delete inf File" in Download (Other) (right-click the extracted inf file and select Install).

Share this comment