Disable cutscene borders
Modify blur effect
PS2 like brightness
Anisotropic Texture Filtering
Disable DirectX fog
Wallhack (F1)
Wireframe mode (F2)
Invert X and Y axis (F3 and F4)
Modify sensitivity (Page up and Page down)
Use HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Install:
1. Copy all the files to your Silent Hill 4 install folder.
2. Configure your options in Silent_Hill_4_PC_Fix.ini. (Optional)
3. Start the game with SILENT HILL 4.exe.

Credits:
dns - Silent-Hill-4-Wide-Screen-Patch
WidescreenFixesPack team
HunterStanton

Password:pcgw

What's New in Version 2.0.1

Released

Changelog 2.0.1:
Added support for d3d8.dll replacements such as d3d8to9 and WineD3D by renaming their d3d8.dll to d3d8R.dll
Bug fixes

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 11/4/2019 at 6:10 PM, SStoneyz said:

OK thanks for nothing. I guess i'll use one of the other ones.

Yes, Xiput working with this Fix also with force feedback.

Share this comment

My antivirus (Avast) is detecting DLLInjector.exe as a Trojan Horse, namely 'win32:malwarex-gen [Trj]'

Should I be worried?

test.png

Share this comment

On 3/13/2020 at 10:08 PM, takver said:

My antivirus (Avast) is detecting DLLInjector.exe as a Trojan Horse, namely 'win32:malwarex-gen [Trj]'

Should I be worried?

test.png

UPDATE??????

Share this comment

1 hour ago, ibrahim23 said:

UPDATE??????

Fake alarm. You can use it safely, my antivirus (Avira) cannot see any viruses.

Share this comment

Just like with SH3 the game refuses to launch but without it it runs just fine 😕 Windows 10 Pro x64 I'm wondering if its something to do with Defender?

*Edit* Turns out it was the widescreen asi in the scripts folder for both games. I guess common sense I should've removed them before hand.

Share this comment

Do you have any intentions on restoring analog movement to the game or restoring the missing hauntings? This is just my personal theory but I feel like the hauntings may still be hidden in the code somewhere. A bit like how a minimap was hidden in Silent Hill 2's code.

Share this comment

Hi!

I just installed this patch and it works great! I wanna know about some options though. For instance: 

• What is fog complexity, and how high can I set it?
  • What does multi-sampling do?
  • Why is the opening FMV so fuzzy? Was that fixed?

If anyone ever replies to this, thank you!

Share this comment

This works great for me except for one thing. Inspecting points of interest causes the camera to zoom in too far and at a weird angle off of the target. Any ideas how to fix that?

Also, any chance a skip-intro could be added? This is the only fix that really works for the GOG version, the others are dependent on dinput8.dll which crashes the game now.

Share this comment

squidnipples - I had the same issue. Open the Silent_Hill_4_PC_Fix.ini with notepad or some sort of text editor (I use notepad++) and find the line that says

# Increase the resolution of background screens
IncreaseBackgroundResolution = 1

and change the 1 to a 0, hit save (make sure it saves as an ini not as txt or something.) and try that. It fixed the weird zoom for me in both the game and the pause menu.

Share this comment

I'm already aware this has shown up as a trojan for some people. I just installed this on a Windows 10 computer, and it's picking out two specific threats named "CryptInject!ml" and "Wacatac.DB!ml" within the DLLinjector.exe. I'm  becoming concerned about this file

Share this comment

Malwarebytes has quarantined the injector exe. Hack tools often get false positives, but the author should do something to reduce this.

If the binary is getting compressed when it's made, should stop compressing at the compilation level and let 7zip compress. Users will have to take a hit of a few extra bytes to metigate false positives.

I don't know what else causes false positives, but I know it's often associated with compressing the binary at the compiling stage.

I think it would also be better to release the source code so people can know what they're playing with.

Share this comment

On 1/2/2021 at 5:53 AM, sparktank said:

Malwarebytes has quarantined the injector exe. Hack tools often get false positives, but the author should do something to reduce this.

If the binary is getting compressed when it's made, should stop compressing at the compilation level and let 7zip compress. Users will have to take a hit of a few extra bytes to metigate false positives.

I don't know what else causes false positives, but I know it's often associated with compressing the binary at the compiling stage.

I think it would also be better to release the source code so people can know what they're playing with.

Nothing is compressed or encrypted.

Share this comment

So I keep getting weird FPS drops /  hitching regardless of what FPS mode I use.

I figure a 3080 and 5900X are enough for this yes? On a SSD and W10.

* I meant this fore the SH3 one, took me here for some reason

Share this comment

@Steam006 , I attempted to adjust sensitivity using Page Up and Page Down, but it seems to have no effect for the Right controller stick. I am using the GOG version with the X-input patch.

Share this comment

How to fix this - zooming out and shifting the picture to the upper left corner when interactive mode is activated and subtitles are visible? Can you specify which number of code line should be changed and how exactly to do it?

UPD - Silent_Hill_4_PC_Fix.ini

The solution was found on the GOG forum https://www.gog.com/forum/silent_hill_4_the_room/silent_hill_4_pc_fix_by_steam006_discussion

"# Increase the resolution of background screens
IncreaseBackgroundResolution = 1

Having this option enabled will make your pause menu to focus on a squared section of the screen, by disabling this option (with a 0) the pause menu issue will be fixed."

SILENT HILL 4 2021-10-28 08-32-39.png

2021-11-11_054915.png

SILENT HILL 4 2021-11-11 05-51-26 original.png

Share this comment