Watch Dogs, whaddya think?

We've done a ton of work looking at settings, performance and fixes, but what do we think of the actual game?

I'm still on the first 2 hours, but it seems like a decent 'open world' game in the vein of GTA, with a small hacking twist (not as interesting as they made it at to be in previews).

Been playing for over 20 hours so far and loving it, I find that the people most disappointed with it had too high expectations. First saw it at the E3 2012 reveal and anticipated it ever since, happy to say I am not disappointed with it but I was hoping for the hacking to be fleshed out a bit more (Watch Dogs 2?). It seems to have an interesting narrative and I can walk the streets for hours before having any urge to delve into the campaign. Overall very solid and roughly what I was hoping from it, I do hope to see a bigger and better sequel a few years down the line.

I absolutely love it. The hacking could have a little more to it but its still integral enough to not just be a gimmick. Terrorizing people from across the block is just brilliant. The shooting is solid (ignoring the mouse accel), sneaking is solid and I can't think of a third because driving isn't that good. On that note, driving is better than people are saying on the internet. It's simplistic, it does the job, gets from A to B a little too literally. People expected 3D Gunpoint and it would never have been that brilliant.

The stealth and hacking are my favourite things. It's like a Splinter's Creed Auto. Except the driving is kinda ehh on the keyboard, maybe it's just input lag. The mouse acceleration, including negative accel, is really suckish and can ruin a lot of the game, but I just raised my X and Y sensitivities by 25, so it's playable. The game is really good, in my opinion, but I can see where it needs to be fleshed out. I think there will probably be a Watch_Dogs_v2  which will be much more fleshed out and will make this one look like a tech demo. Also, the digital trips are pretty cool. My favourite are (in order) Alone, Consipracy! and Madness.

Been playing for over 20 hours so far and loving it, I find that the people most disappointed with it had too high expectations. First saw it at the E3 2012 reveal and anticipated it ever since, happy to say I am not disappointed with it but I was hoping for the hacking to be fleshed out a bit more (Watch Dogs 2?). It seems to have an interesting narrative and I can walk the streets for hours before having any urge to delve into the campaign. Overall very solid and roughly what I was hoping from it, I do hope to see a bigger and better sequel a few years down the line.

Yea the game was overhyped.

I mean its basically GTA with a more bland main character and more bland story. The "hacking" is just a bunch of minigames. They may as well have made it a Star Wars game and replaced the "hacking" with the "Force" :D

I'm glad that I got a PC and didn't buy a next-gen console. Because the games that are out now are really nothing special.

Edited by Pridit
removed spam link