Killing the Digital Distribution pages?

Nicereddy

The Digital Distribution pages, e.g. Steam, GOG.com, the Humble Store, Desura, etc. are mostly unused and rarely updated. I think it's reasonable to remove them. They serve little purpose and are a complete mess. It doesn't seem that anyone is interested in fixing it, especially the smaller store fronts.

I'd prefer we delete the pages entirely rather than making a separate namespace for them, as I really don't think they have much use that Wikipedia isn't sufficiently filling. Any fixes available are made irrelevant fairly quickly, so I really don't think they're particularly useful for that reason either.

Any fixes available are made irrelevant fairly quickly, so I really don't think they're particularly useful for that reason either.

But until these issues are fixed, would it not be handy just to keep them all in one place?

I think it's probably a good idea to keep these as they can be quite useful, after all clients and websites often require 'fixes' e.g. this page was linked with a few thousand hits the other week: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Origin#Origin_stops_downloading_after_an_ungiven_threshold

Perhaps we should focus on improving the quality rather than scrapping it completely.

Fair, in that case should we move them out of the main namespace? I'm hesitant to request too many new namespaces for different topics, but I can see why we'd want to support articles like this.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how we'd go about verifying whether or not different parts of an article have been fixed. Any ideas?

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 298 Guests (See full list)