DmC: Devil May Cry screen flickering?

SuBw00FeR

I'm not really sure what to call it but here's a video of it.

I'm running the following specs, I assume it has something to do with SLI, and it doesn't always happen, just sometimes when I alt tab out and back in again. (This is 2013 people, why am I still struggling to have games running in windowed borderless with proper alt-tab COME ON!) Side note: No other game has any issues at all, let alone something like this.

i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz

GTX 690

Corsair Dominator (4x4gb)

MSI Z77 MPOWER

ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3

Anything else you need let me know, i've looked for new drivers and there's none out. :(

That looks like artifacts to me.

It's typically caused by overheating GPUs and isn't game specific, however updating drivers sometimes helps due to changes to fan control.

Despite the fact I play Planetside 2, PoE, and a multitude of other games on max settings and never had an issue (Even say it in the first post that I don't have any other issues with games ...)

They've just released new beta drivers (After searching this morning for them -.- ) so i'll give those a try and report back later if it does/doesn't happen again.

Thing is I can't reproduce it, just happens spontaneously but generally after I alt tab, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't /shrug.

Despite the fact I play Planetside 2, PoE, and a multitude of other games on max settings and never had an issue (Even say it in the first post that I don't have any other issues with games ...)

Artifacting isn't just caused by overheating, but is the common cause.

Your card may not overheat while playing one game, but could while playing another regardless of graphical detail. It's to do with the optimisation and how the game interacts with your card.

Thing is I can't reproduce it, just happens spontaneously but generally after I alt tab, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't /shrug.

If you're running Windows 8, I guess the new 'Start Screen' could also cause artifacting if it 'overlaps' the borderless window.

• 8 months later...

Did you update to the latest drivers and are you using the latest DmC patches? It might not be overheating after all and could just be a driver issue better check the nVidia forums also to double your chances in finding a proper solution.