New rig and new game recommendations

Andytizer

I'm in the middle of constructing a new rig, and graduating from budget laptop running a 6630M onto full a i5-4670K with a 770 GTX 2GB running on a speedy 480GB Kingston HyperX SSD. All this will be lovingly mushed into a Phoenix Prodigy case with a brand-new 1080p monitor.

I'm looking for some new games to experience so I'm wondering what games you guys think I should run that's fairly recent that takes advantage of good PC hardware.

I realize Origin is technically a sin against PC gaming, but Battlefield 4 has been going on sale surprisingly often on Amazon/Origin recently. A friend of mine got BF4+BF3 and the DLC for $40. If you can find a deal like that definitely check them out.

I realize Origin is technically a sin against PC gaming, but Battlefield 4 has been going on sale surprisingly often on Amazon/Origin recently. A friend of mine got BF4+BF3 and the DLC for $40. If you can find a deal like that definitely check them out.

I was going to pickup BF4 in the recent Origin sale with the coupon for 20 USD but it wouldn't work for me from the UK. I may wait again for it to drop to a lower price. After all I have BF3 and haven't played it at all yet..

in my opinion BF series has become only a cash cow for EA

i used to love bad company 2, then i trusted them and i bought bf3 2 months after the launch...

the result? a crappy game full of bug with patches that followed the DLC release schedule (aka one every 3 months)

they adjusted the sniper M26 mass (a shotgun..) and they introduced the faster-than-light smoke grenade.

they *sort of* fixed the jump kill death bug (which made deadly falling from the height of 20cm) to introduce the impossible to lock planes

client side hit detection then was the icing on the cake and as if this wasn't enough the cheat reporting service was a complete shit

the SAME cheater which destroyed my entire team in april 2012.. was spreading death in my team the following june!

after 2 months (and something like 20-30 report only in the 20 minutes i played with him) he was still there!

and he had something like 400 kill... with the medikit...

no more EA in my house.. no more..

they destroyed BF series, need for speed series, simcity, mass effect.. and god only know what else..

these are my 2 cents

...btw i would recommend you to play the metro series, arma 3 and far cry 3

gta 4/EFLC are still pretty heavy too

Max Payne 3 is very pretty.

Assassin's Creed 4 and its ocean is beautiful.

First Crysis with realistic/ultra gfx modes looks also nice.

Trine 2 is very detailed and colorful.

People praise Battlefield series for its graphics and forget about sound. BF games sounds sooo much better than anything else - if you have a nice surround system, hook it up and go deaf :)

Lastly try some pixel based games. When I got my high res display, I played OpenTTD for a week and nothing else, but first two Fallouts with high res patches will do just fine.

Managed to find a few hours to put my build together last night. Many thanks to LDK in particular who helped to diagnose and fix a bunch of issues I was having. Didn't get a chance to benchmark any games, mostly because I was missing a connector for one out of the two case fans and I don't want to overheat it (it only has exhaust running at the moment). I'll be picking up a Y splitter today to get an extra 3-pin fan running off the tiny motherboard I'm using.

In the end I picked up Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag due to recommendations, and thankfully it was on Amazon for $29.99 during Cyber Monday. Will give it a try tonight, perhaps get some recording online too.