Who is user Expack3?

Painkiller Black locks you out of levels depending on the difficulty you play, every difficulty has multiple levels locked, independently on whether you play on the easiest or the hardest.

In its wiki page someone uploaded a mod that unlocks every level, but this mod is placed all the way down the bottom of the page, today I decided to put that mod up in the "essential improvements" section of the page given that I've never considered getting excluded from game content because of difficulty reasons something of a minor error.

User Expack3 undo this change by claiming the game had everything unlocked and it didn't have anything "locked" behind dlc, I responded to him that I was talking about content locked behind difficulty options.

He undo my change again by saying the wiki doesn't consider difficulty locks as "locking out content".

I redo the changes asking who he was to speak for the entirety of the wiki?

So my question is:

Is user Expack3 a moderator, or the creator of the wiki?

I went to his profile and in his posts and assignments he didn't seem to have Painkiller as a title assigned to him in any way.

Can he really speak for the entirety of the wiki or not?

Captura.PNG

Expack3 is a staff member, as can be seen on https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/PCGamingWiki:Staff

In regards to the Essential improvements section, per the Editing Guide, it's meant for, well, "essential" improvements that we can assume is of a noteworthy addition to most players:

The Essential improvements section holds all information and downloads that are either required or highly recommended. Note that fixes for issues should go in the Issues fixed section. Fixes for feature support (e.g. widescreen resolution) should go in a subsection below the table for that type of feature.

Some examples of what to place here:

• Patches (both official and unofficial)
  • Intro skip methods
  • Major community mods
  • Game-specific utilities

From https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/PCGamingWiki:Editing_guide/Essential_improvements

Other non-essential mods goes below the Other information section:

The Other Information section hold all information and downloads that are not critically essential, but useful all the same. It acts as a sister section to Essential improvements.

From https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/PCGamingWiki:Editing_guide/Other_information

The gist of Expack3's undo's is that the mod, while of interest to some players, isn't seen as being relevant or "essential" to most players due to it ultimately being just a content unlocker for content meant to be unlocked through regular play. Like it or not but the developers have consciously locked the levels behind difficulty levels for one reason or another, and a mod that bypasses said restriction isn't essential just because a few players disagrees with that design decision. And so, the mod -- the content unlocker -- isn't essential either as a result. It's a nice mod for some users that cares about it, and deserves listing, but not "essential" enough to be included under the "Essential improvements" section at the top.

I hate when devs lock difficulties in any game because I always play all games on the hardest difficulty but like Aemony said, it'll only bother a small fraction of players, aka hardcore gamers like myself.