Why all my editings were deleted?

3 hours ago, richterbelmontx said:

Hello. On the The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PCGW page I wrote a complete tutorial on how to add Japanese voices to the game, because the one already present is not fully correct, and it's extremely essential. But everything was removed. Why?

p.s. I did that without a login

that sucks bro

13 minutes ago, richterbelmontx said:

Hello. On the The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PCGW page I wrote a complete tutorial on how to add Japanese voices to the game, because the one already present is not fully correct, and it's extremely essential. But everything was removed. Why?

p.s. I did that without a login

The edits were removed because you were not logged in, nor did you provide a reference. If you had created an account, then the tutorial could have been attributed to you, or what we call a self-reference or "selfref"; instead, since the tutorial was done anonymously, we only have an IP address, which can be changed via VPNs, ISPs juggling IPv4 addresses, and so on. Thus, it was deleted as all the information was listed effectively as "works for me" by what, to us, appeared to be an anonymous user.

I invite you to create an account so you can self-reference your tutorial. In fact, I will be more than happy to personally re-instate your edits made anonymously once you have confirmed your account creation.

There were multiple other issues with the edits, such as the length and format of the section title ("tested in 2021" right in the title?) or the style being very informal, featuring constructions and words like "basically", "worked for me.", "was the easiest", "That's all", "If you have problems" and so forth. We are open to valuable additions by anyone but it's important to understand that the wiki is not a personal blog to share your feelings or address the reader directly. Please read through the rules.

16 minutes ago, Expack3 said:

The edits were removed because you were not logged in, nor did you provide a reference. If you had created an account, then the tutorial could have been attributed to you, or what we call a self-reference or "selfref"; instead, since the tutorial was done anonymously, we only have an IP address, which can be changed via VPNs, ISPs juggling IPv4 addresses, and so on. Thus, it was deleted as all the information was listed effectively as "works for me" by what, to us, appeared to be an anonymous user.

I invite you to create an account so you can self-reference your tutorial. In fact, I will be more than happy to personally re-instate your edits made anonymously once you have confirmed your account creation.

9 minutes ago, Rose said:

There were multiple other issues with the edits, such as the length and format of the section title ("tested in 2021" right in the title?) or the style being very informal, featuring constructions and words like "basically", "worked for me.", "was the easiest", "That's all", "If you have problems" and so forth. We are open to valuable additions by anyone but it's important to understand that the wiki is not a personal blog to share your feelings or address the reader directly. Please read through the rules.

Ok, that's clear. I stated the "tested in 2021" just because devs screw that mod every now and then.

I can fix it. Could I have my original editings via pm, so I don't have to write it from scratch?

Thanks.

That's the wonderful thing about a wiki: unless things go so horrifically off-the-rails that the edit is considered unfit for even historical reference, the edit isn't really gone, just made a part of the publicly-accessible past. So here's the last edit you made before my reversion/'deletion': The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

Edit: Also, please be sure when you make your revised edit, you do it with an account and self-references (explained in the guide Rose linked to) so we can ensure the instructions are correctly attributed to you.

Edited by Expack3