Luigi master89

Rare/Obscure PC versions

There is apparently a PC port of Pac-Man World 1 that was released exclusively in South Korea in 2001 according to the Pac-Man Wiki, there's barely any info on it and there's a very high chance it hasn't been dumped/preserved yet. If this does in fact exist, then that means the PC version is currently lost media, there's also this box art that was uploaded on there:

Pacmankorea.png

EDIT: It turns out this PC version might actually just be a pre-packaged PS1 emulator that comes with the game based on what I've been told by someone just recently, and not actually a native PC port.

Even so, 2001 wouldn't have very powerful PCs to handle a PS1 emulator reliably, unless it's a customized version of Bleem.  I'll ask two Korean friends of mine if they have any info; since the game was released physically, it has a non-zero chance of being found.

The promo version of Incoming! An early build of the game was bundled with several graphics cards (think it was some 3dfx ones, no idea where my dad got our copy from) and you where supposed to mail it in a receive a free copy of the retail version once it launched. It lacked most of the game modes besides the campaign and used some different art assets and vehicles, Just compare the tank from level 1 stage 3 from the promo (top) and retail (bottom) version.

uaJLWdj.jpg

jMp6dIA.jpg

Hell, my copy is probably even rarer since it has been completely translated into Swedish. No idea if they bothered to do that for the retail version too. (only have it from GOG) 

Sorry for the bump but here is another interesting case; a PC port of Mission: Impossible (seemingly the N64 version) handled by Indian developer Dhruva Interactive.  This YouTube video is the only purported proof of the game receiving a PC version, but searching for it online only yields results for the N64 and PS1 versions.  I wonder if it existed at all.

Edited by Luigi master89
hyperlink