Icon changes

Hi everyone,

Today I updated the tick/cross/wrench/unknown icons to match the new front page icon style. I went for a cleaner, clearer and more attractive look. In case you haven't seen the new icons yet, here they are:

u2RJeA9.png

6MbdKPP.png

Looking for feedback here - what do you guys think? Do you prefer them, any changes etc?

I also plan on updating a tonne of other logos across the site over the coming weeks to match the new style, assuming this change is met with approval.

These changes look really nice, improvement over the older ones, thanks for doing them. Are the !? unknown template updated, because the old one is still showing for me.

However in the long term, I'm still planning on using the icon font pack e.g. http://icomoon.io/app/ - this allows speedy loading, css magic (easy to do things like hovers and animations) as well as a consistent icon look across the wiki.

I've designed all the icons at 1000x1000 px on PS, and I can convert them into SVGs relatively easily, so they would be compatible with this new system.

Andy, if the unknown icon is not rendering properly for you, try doing a couple of hard refreshes (Shift+F5 or Ctrl+F5 depending on browser).

I like these new icons. However I think that green tick icon has very similar color with grey "unknown" icon and that way could be overlooked. Could you make it more vibrant or brighter green?

1Lpx8zk.png

• 1 month later...

[Automated] This discussion has concluded and a verdict has been reached. If this is not the case and there are still matters left undiscussed please contact a member of staff to get the topic reinstated.