Lemming_Prototype

Trmofnor

Prototype build - so not all things may function perfectly

Objective -

Find a way to get to the Terminal using the guard (A.I.).

Equipment -

You need to use Gatecrashers!

Difficulty - Medium/Hard

May require a few restarts before you find a successful pattern, hence the partial difficulty being Hard.

You only have 1 guard so make it count!

yle_CgD61S71Z9-DKsepjSLrQrRiNKU8CrOKe-diGRo?size=1024x768

Build -

I wanted to expand on the level where you have access to most of the circuits at the start of the level. Originally, you lead the guard to the bottom floor, which let you in and then you would simply walk over to the terminal. The reward for completing the level was not as great as getting there so I changed it. Now you have to lead the guard down each floor (without him hurting himself or getting stuck) so that he will open the different color vault doors for you, allowing access to the terminal.

Feedback

If you like the level, but thought it was a bit too easy. Good! Go make a harder version of this level/prototype. I would love to see what other people can do with the idea.

Lemming_Trmofnor.lvl

Wow, this is awesome. Really was a tremendous amount of thought put in to not only force the guard to trigger vaults for you but to manipulate his behavior into triggering himself down the building. Just enough materials to work with to require using basically everything, which is great, and to be setup well before hand. One thing, is there a way to finish the level without him knocking himself out on the yellow door, or is this just meant for humor? Still completed, just got nonlethal instead of gentleman, and don't think I can react fast enough to leap, wirejack, crosslink, disconnect motion.

One of the best efforts I have seen for a level.

I'm glad you liked it! To answer your question, no the guard cannot be saved. Or at least, he is not meant to be saved. As you said, it is done for humor =] But it was also done so if you did not get the last door to trigger, you would not be able to get a second go at it.

The original level was a lot more complex, but ended up failing in the end (too complex, kept losing track of what needed to happen next). However, there is a lot more that can still be done with this concept. I would love to see what other people can come up with using this level design. It would be very possible to place this puzzle inside a larger, more "familiar" design. If done right, it could feel like two separate, unique hurdles inside one level. That would be fun.

May I ask how many times you restarted the level before you got it? Its hard for me to gauge what people will do and come up with a difficulty.

I initially did not realize I had to have everything hooked up before starting the guard. But, all in all, took me maybe five or six solid attempts.

Hmmm - having real difficulty with this one! Love the concept though.

I got the guard down to the 3rd level once, but he doesn't seem to always follow the triggers for some reason.

Basically what I did was use the alarms to bump him down each floor. But the first floor he drops down to (second from top) has that gold door which will kill him if he goes through it. So I stop him from going that way by first using the motion detector on his original floor to close the red door which leads through to the gold door. I kill the lights on that level to make him use the light switch and I wire that to the alarm on the floor beneath - but he has only got there once! I don't know why he used the light switch once, but not on subsequent tries.

Also I can't then get him to the alarm by the lift, he's stuck behind the green vault door. What the hell am I doing wrong! Please PM me the sequence - I'm clearly missing something or my game is on the fritz! Most strange that he doesn't always perform the same actions with the same set up!!!???? :-(

Also I can't then get him to the alarm by the lift, he's stuck behind the green vault door. What the hell am I doing wrong! Please PM me the sequence - I'm clearly missing something or my game is on the fritz! Most strange that he doesn't always perform the same actions with the same set up!!!???? :-(

I have had the guard not use the necessary triggers on a few occasions. Though I *thought* they were all resolved before it was posted.

If the guard does not run down to the alarm by the elevator, give it a moment and he *should* walk down.

Green Vault Help -

Make sure to connect the green motion detector to both green vault doors (the one in the basement by you, and the one on the third floor - blocking the guard’s movement. Even if the guard is walking, he should get past the vault door before it closes.

Third floor to Fourth Floor Help -

There needs to be a delay between the guard turning off the alarm on the 3rd floor and the alarm on the 2nd floor going off. I use the elevator for this, but the hand-scanners by a few of the doors achieve this as well. I've never had the guard react to the 2nd floor alarm if it was directly connected to the 3rd floor alarm. If anyone has, you should let me know as it is part of the puzzle to have that not work.

The light switch on the second floor is critical. Perhaps I’ll update the level to make a second solution possible, since the light-switch does not always prove successful (apparently). I tried to use the hand-scanners instead of the light switch but it never worked. Messing around with it in the editor may yield a possible successful combination. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

A picture of the way I complete the level -

Lemming_Solution Spoiler!

Posting all this to help anyone else having trouble

- Trmofnor

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 276 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online