AA, AF, Vsync and forcing through GPU

Marioysikax

@BONKERS How does forcing AA through drivers work with GoldSrc engine? I've enabled AA in Half-Life, there's a notable improvement with 32x CSAA, but aliasing is noticeable in 1920 x 1080 and looks more like 4x MSAA to me.

I found a HL screenshot, downscaled from 4K:

iRFdRbE.jpg

Unless you have a pre Maxwell GPU, CSAA doesn't do anything. And all it really is, is more memory efficient MSAA. Supposedly quality was supposed to be improved (like 8xCSAA gave you 8xMSAA at 4xMSAA cost) But I don't ever recall it actually ending up in a way that made a significant difference. (Since there are more problems than just geometry aliasing). Obviously, from a cost stand point it made sense and even more so on consoles(EQAA)

The GoldSRC engine runs on DX7 doesn't it? Or has that been updated to DX8/9 by now? (I haven't played vanilla HL in a long long time lol)

I'd imagine the UI at 4k would become painfully small.

Using Nvidia inspector, i'd try setting it up like this at native res instead of downsampling and seeing how it looks. (Probably don't need any compatibility bits)

649Untitled1.jpg

Unless you have a pre Maxwell GPU, CSAA doesn't do anything. And all it really is, is more memory efficient MSAA. Supposedly quality was supposed to be improved (like 8xCSAA gave you 8xMSAA at 4xMSAA cost) But I don't ever recall it actually ending up in a way that made a significant difference. (Since there are more problems than just geometry aliasing). Obviously, from a cost stand point it made sense and even more so on consoles(EQAA)

The GoldSRC engine runs on DX7 doesn't it? Or has that been updated to DX8/9 by now? (I haven't played vanilla HL in a long long time lol)

I'd imagine the UI at 4k would become painfully small.

Using Nvidia inspector, i'd try setting it up like this at native res instead of downsampling and seeing how it looks. (Probably don't need any compatibility bits)

The UI is small to the point of being nearly unplayable, see that tiny "Steve Bond" near left corner?

I find odd that some objects (above doorway) are more aliased than others (HL with 32x CSAA through Nvidia CP @ 1920 x 1080), 8x MSAA yields similar results):

W0qlK5D.jpg

OK, so I guess they really donked things up when they moved things to OpenGL.
Forcing AA is impossible(If you have MSAA or any kind of AA override set up, it's literally doing nothing. Placebo.), and the game has 4xMSAA on by default. The only way to turn it off is via the "-nomsaa" launch command.
Even with that, forcing is still not possible.

Enhancing, however. Is possible.

It's as good as it will get.

So you set up inspector like this,
eafsdfe.jpg

-nomsaa command (NoAA) http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/hl20160727235703500.png
In game MSAA(I assume 4x based on how it looks) http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/hl20160727235835997.png
8xMSAA+8xTrSSAA Enhanced (In OGL 8xTrSSAA is equivalent to the SGSSAA setting in D3D) http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/hl20160728000803666.png

Thanks BONKERS. I found out later that forcing AA is not possible, I toggled between downscaling and others methods and likely got confused.

Your screenshots look great, how much time does adjusting Nvidia Inspector generally take? Do you create every rule on per-game basis?

So.. BONKERS, what about that thing I mentioned here?

Does Inspector support something like a "master list"?

Latest Steam version uses OpenGL. D3D was removed in OS X/Linux update.

And Aureal and EAX ;(

Thanks BONKERS. I found out later that forcing AA is not possible, I toggled between downscaling and others methods and likely got confused.

Your screenshots look great, how much time does adjusting Nvidia Inspector generally take? Do you create every rule on per-game basis?

Adjusting inspector, once you have your base profile set, is pretty quick.

When it comes to AA however, there is no catch all, you can go by what is on the list(Which does sometimes have recommendations occasionally, and covers whether a game needs special bits and any notes to go with it , usually useful information in reference posts) So that adds a bit of time to it, and sometimes you need to tweak things to you preference, and maybe get creative. (Like for example combining multiple methods all together, like you have to with Red Faction Guerrilla. To quote myself

Red Faction Guerrilla, you can't force AA in this game. However you can Enhance the in game MSAA with various methods of AA to some decent results. But it shines in when you combine the in game AA+Enhanced AA and then downsampling while also enabling FXAA in the game Profile.

(FXAA works when Enhancing in game AA. It used to when Overriding as well, but has been broken since after 331.82. It is applied last in the chain so it doesn't cause conflicts with other AA though it's not recommended to use it at native over enhanced AA if that makes sense. Oversampling from Downsampling negates any smoothing issues)

This is a rather unique exception as most games don't yield this good of results.

Here is a few comparisons showing it off.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp....php?id=103126

This first one shows no AA by default | Vs | The game running at 2x2 Native resolution with 2xMSAA enabled in game with "Enhance Application Setting" enabled and set to 4xS (1x2 OGSSAA + 2xMSAA) together with 2xSGSSAA. Finally with FXAA enabled on the profile.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp....php?id=103127

This second one is cropped from the native 3200x1800 buffer with 2xMSAA+4xS+2xSGSSAA |Vs| That with FXAA also enabled showing that there are still some rough edges that FXAA cleans up before it is downsampled back to native 1600x900

The 3rd comparison shows 2x2 native resolution + 2xMSAA | Vs | 2x2 Native + 2xMSAA+4xS+2xSGSSAA+FXAA cropped and upsampled with point filtering by 2x2 to show how much more aliasing is tackled and resolved.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/161297

Inspector might be confusing at first, but once you get used to it, you can't go back to NVCP and stuff is very quick when you get accustomed to what is what.

I usually adjust Inspector on a per game basis for DX9 and below generally. Since there isn't anything that helps with AA in DX10+ or in newer OpenGL games), though since I have "Adaptive" set as my Power Management Mode, I have to manually set each game to "Prefer Maximum Performance", and create profiles for games that don't have one to do so as well. (Earth Defense Force 4.1 is a recent example). Because otherwise Adaptive performance mode causes the GPU to downclock while playing games. Which you do not want. But you have to have Adaptive set in order for your GPU to idle properly as well when not gaming. (Depending on the card)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5183388

So.. BONKERS, what about that thing I mentioned here?

Does Inspector support something like a "master list"?

And Aureal and EAX ;(

Oh sorry, must have missed this!

Inspector doesn't have anything like a master list of user specific values. By that I mean something like this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ekUZsK2YXgd5XjjH1M7QkHIQgKO_i4bHCUdPeAd6OCo/pubhtml#

Where the values being the custom AA flags, are not supported directly in Inspector unless they are part of the lists that Inspector gets from the Drivers.

Profile Inspector is Open Source now, but I don't know about how difficult it would be to directly integrate these flags into predefined profiles , which opens up another set of problems because.

A.) Not all games have a profile in the driver, the user has to make one themselves.

B.) Many games have multiple flags available, and many game specific requirements or recommendations, or trade offs . To the average user, without the notes on usage as written in reference posts or Column D. Things might not work correctly or as expected or otherwise.

You mentioned

And mention it only in nvidia page, or a separate page.

I think this is a decent idea and something I recall maybe mentioning in the past.

Though ideally, a separate page like "Nvidia Anti Aliasing Flags" would either.

A.) Directly embed the Google Spreadsheet like in the thread here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956 this would not create any additional work for me. (IE: I can just update and maintain the document/list and it's kept up to date in both places)

B.) Create a similar page that is just formatted in columns like the document above (easy to search and easy to read), and I would just need to update both as I go.

(This method does open up the possibility of someone else editing the page and messing something up too though.)

I've been recently the last year or so adding more games to the list that not necessarily need bits to force AA (because that's useful information still).

I'd like to continue adding to that. So we have a comprehensive list of DX9 and below (And some OpenGL games if they work, usually older ones)

In either case, at the top of such a page would be some basic instructions on using Nvidia Profile Inspector, or a redirect to my thread Nvidia Inspector introduction and Guide - Guru3D.com Forums (I have been wanting to make just a page for this, more or less creating a wiki formatted copy of my thread, in that case it would direct to that page)

Do you think that'd be allowable?

I have to manually set each game to "Prefer Maximum Performance", and create profiles for games that don't have one to do so as well. (Earth Defense Force 4.1 is a recent example). Because otherwise Adaptive performance mode causes the GPU to downclock while playing games.

Oh, cool. That's another cute thing that could be mentioned.

Oh sorry, must have missed this!

Inspector doesn't have anything like a master list of user specific values.

It's not like I'd like to contradict you, but what's the silentimport command and "backups" then?

Tfw you fear to see Blackbird from the bakery

Pretending 8 really different AA types to exist is kind of misleading.

You could work a bit with nesting and/or bullet points to highlight it's not actually like that.

Where the values being the custom AA flags, are not supported directly in Inspector unless they are part of the lists that Inspector gets from the Drivers.

I dunno why I'm just now consciously thinking to how inspector works (ie: driver to the dirty part in the end).

And hell, it's nothing different from AMD blb. And.. I wonder how hard it could be to made an AMD Inspector, lol.

EDIT: power to do basically everything seems there.

Profile Inspector is Open Source now, but I don't know about how difficult it would be to directly integrate these flags into predefined profiles , which opens up another set of problems because.

I wasn't thinking to integrating them directly into the program.. But hey, that's a pretty cool idea.

I mean, I don't think its place should be the program repo itself.. But creating yours and starting to "accept pull requests" would be really nice.

A.) Not all games have a profile in the driver, the user has to make one themselves.

B.) Many games have multiple flags available, and many game specific requirements or recommendations, or trade offs . To the average user, without the notes on usage as written in reference posts or Column D. Things might not work correctly or as expected or otherwise.

And this is why you are so important :D

I think this is a decent idea and something I recall maybe mentioning in the past.

Though ideally, a separate page like "Nvidia Anti Aliasing Flags" would either.

A, B

I don't see the convenience in duplicating or even embedding the spreadsheet here.

At least, this is not the "difficult level" I'm at ease to consider right for something so basic.

In either case, at the top of such a page would be some basic instructions on using Nvidia Profile Inspector, or a redirect to my thread Nvidia Inspector introduction and Guide - Guru3D.com Forums (I have been wanting to make just a page for this, more or less creating a wiki formatted copy of my thread, in that case it would direct to that page)

Do you think that'd be allowable?

If you think it's something wiki-ficable.. then, ok. I mean, assuming it's going to be so long not to fit comfortably Nvidia CP page (and anyway, why not ressurecting Nvidia Inspector page?)

But regardless, I guess we still need to finish that AA page affair.

For your convenience if any, not to have to rewrite that afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, cool. That's another cute thing that could be mentioned.

It's not like I'd like to contradict you, but what's the silentimport command and "backups" then?

Tfw you fear to see Blackbird from the bakery

You could work a bit with nesting and/or bullet points to highlight it's not actually like that.

I dunno why I'm just now consciously thinking to how inspector works (ie: driver to the dirty part in the end).

And hell, it's nothing different from AMD blb. And.. I wonder how hard it could be to made an AMD Inspector, lol.

I wasn't thinking to integrating them directly into the program.. But hey, that's a pretty cool idea.

I mean, I don't think its place should be the program repo itself.. But creating yours and starting to "accept pull requests" would be really nice.

And this is why you are so important :D

I don't see the convenience in duplicating or even embedding the spreadsheet here.

At least, this is not the "difficult level" I'm at ease to consider right for something so basic.

If you think it's something wiki-ficable.. then, ok. I mean, assuming it's going to be so long not to fit comfortably Nvidia CP page (and anyway, why not ressurecting Nvidia Inspector page?)

Ah but there is no pretending. They DO exist.

Nvidia users have access from Inspector ; for games DX9 and less, and older OpenGL games; to force the following forms of AA (Depending on compatibility shown in list based on flag or without)

MSAA,CSAA,OGSSAA,HSAA,SGSSAA,TrSSAA,TrMSAA,MFAA and FXAA(Which is API agnostic)

Some can be used standalone, some can be combined with others, some require being combined.

MSAA (Multisampling)   2x,2xQ(Quincux),4x,8xQ Standard MSAA

CSAA (Coverage Sampling)  8x,16x,16xQ,32x. Requires same compatibility as MSAA. If it works with MSAA it will with CSAA generally. Though this is pointless as there is no gain in quality/perf these days really and you are limited to pre-Maxwell GPUs

OGSSAA (Ordered Grid Super Sampling)  1x2,2x1,2x2,3x3,4x4. Standard brute force SSAA with built in texture LOD adjustment.(Which in some games works against it). It has some downsides though, it can be very costly in some games and can be limited by the standard Box function resolve.

In one specific case, I remember OGSSAA worked better in Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, better than SGSSAA did. In L4D2, without any bits using 4x4 looks amazing, though slightly soft. Using bits brings it back to normal sharpness.

HSAA(Hybrid Sampling)  4xS,8xS,8xSQ,12xS,16xS,32xS Hybrid Sampling (Referred to internally in the driver as Mixed Sampling)combines OGSSAA with MSAA and the naming schemes are based on approximate level of SSAA the combined pairs give.

4xS - 1x2 OG + 2xMSAA (1x2x2=4)

8xS - 1x2 OG + 4xMSAA (1x2x4=8)

8xSQ - 2x2 OG + 2xMSAA (2x2x2=8)

12xS - 2x2 OG + 4xOGMSAA This one is a bit of an oddity, it is listed as using 4xOGMSAA, so internally I assume they are doing some trick to use the OG sample pattern for MSAA as well(rather than the standard rotated pattern), reducing cost but quality as well. When you use this mode IIRC, the effect is even visible on an OSD. With a slight offset

SGSSAA(Sparse Grid Super Sampling; aka FSSGSSAA)  2x,4x and 8x. SGSSAA requires the use of matching MSAA mode (IE: 8xCSSAA =/= 8xQMSAA) to work, though you can get away with 4xMSAA and 2xSGSSAA for some games as 2x+2xSG is not very good.

SGSSAA works by replaying the pixel shading for N number of samples per pixel for the entire scene. So 8xSGSSAA has 8 samples, each pixel has it's shading done 8 times.

SGSSAA is actually called FSSGSSAA, (Full Scene Sparse Grid Super Sampling Anti Aliasing) and TrSSAA is just SGSSAA. Since they are the same technique, but TrSSAA is selective SSAA of Alpha Tested objects only. But in OpenGL TrSSAA is actually FSSGSSAA. Confused yet?

There is no Automatic LOD adjustment here, some games need it. Some don't. Some people prefer it, some don't.

You can also use SGSSAA to trick the driver so you can force positive or negative LOD biases without actually using SGSSAA as well. (Say you have a game that has an excessively negative LOD bias for Texture MIPS, you set say 2xMSAA,2xSGSSAA, set it to application controlled;Enhance if that doesn't work; and then set a positive LOD bias for the game profile. And it will do the trick)

AMD also created their own version of this for use with Forward Plus rendering engines. Called SFAA https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/SSAA11/releases it works basically the same way. And includes options for auto LOD adjustment

You can read a little more about SGSSAA in the attached TXAA Power Point Presentation

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kbi1mnc3ol2ko8/GTC-TXAA.ppt (Don't share this elswhere)

TrSSAA (Transparency Super Sampling; aka SGSSAA, in Open GL TrSSAA is FSSGSSAA)   2x,4x,8x. These require MSAA to be enabled(But not sample matched), and are the same as SGSSAA but only for Alpha Test surfaces. In OpenGL, TrSSAA functions the same as SGSSAA in D3D. Meaning you get FSSGSSAA

TrMSAA (Transparency Multisampling)  This is the same concept as TrSSAA, except instead of applying selective SSAA to Alpha Test surfaces, they are Multisampled by the current MSAA mode.

You can read about this here > https://www.nvidia.com/object/transparency_aa.html

FXAA (Fast Approximate) -Needs no introduction. API agnostic, however you can only enable it when forcing AA when you are using "Enhance Application Setting". You used to be able to do it when Overriding, but was broken in a driver.

HSAA can be combined with TrSSAA,TrMSAA or SGSSAA

MSAA can be combined with TrMSAA or TrSSAA. SGSSAA requires MSAA

These are all very real individual techniques that anyone with a decent Nvidia GPU has access to.

So there is no pretending here.

No contradicting, you can in fact import profiles. However, all this will do is import pre-defined settings made by someone for a profile in Inspector.

If we were to do such a thing, there would have to be multiple profiles(One for MSAA,etc) made for every single game that requires special bits. Not accounting for games that have special requirements.

Just making profiles for every game that only import the Flags needed wouldn't solve the problem of telling people what they can do with those bits once they are imported.

Making an AMD inspector I don't imagine would be hard if the individual knew what they were doing and had the same access to query the driver I suppose.

I mean, if we went straight to Nvidia and had them put the list of flags in the driver. It still leaves the problem of , as i mentioned, what can the user do with it if they aren't familiar already?

Sucks, but I don't really see a way around that, save for some radical overhaul from Nvidia directly of NVCP that also integrates these bits and allowing multiple per given game and giving tool tip explanations.

Yeah, my Inspector page would basically be a mile a long. And would be more of a regular Wiki page (Introduction, options by category) than the standard Game Page layout.(My thread was so long I had to get the admin of the site to extend the character limit)

.So standalone would work best. I'm gonna start on that.

As for the AA page affair, I think a simple Nvidia Anti Aliasing Bits page could work.(Things could be redirected there.)

I just need to basically format the page as a table with multiple columns.

That reminds me, for DSR as well, there are a few hacks you can use to bypass the pre-determined ratios to get basically any Resolution you want based on axis multipliers or resolution%(DSRTool). DSR can be combined with any of the above forced AA methods, and works functionally well up to 16x resolution (4x4).

DSR TOOL

• 4 weeks later...

So there is no pretending here.

Uh.. First of all, hats off to all that information. Really.

Second.. Perhaps should I have said "individually different" types?

Anyway, I dunno if you recently edited the table, it seems golden now. Bravo.

No contradicting, you can in fact import profiles. However, all this will do is import pre-defined settings made by someone for a profile in Inspector.

If we were to do such a thing, there would have to be multiple profiles(One for MSAA,etc) made for every single game that requires special bits. Not accounting for games that have special requirements.

Just making profiles for every game that only import the Flags needed wouldn't solve the problem of telling people what they can do with those bits once they are imported.

Well, the aim of the wiki would indeed be "having people not to bother with details" (for as much, if anyone want to deepen we shall have it covered too).

Also.. I'm confused. Aren't "special requirements" the bits themselves?

And do you even need different bits for each AA mode in the same game?

What does "importing the flags" means?

As for the AA page affair, I think a simple Nvidia Anti Aliasing Bits page could work.(Things could be redirected there.)

I just need to basically format the page as a table with multiple columns.

Why not simply Nvidia inspector page?

That reminds me, for DSR as well, there are a few hacks you can use to bypass the pre-determined ratios to get basically any Resolution you want based on axis multipliers or resolution%(DSRTool). DSR can be combined with any of the above forced AA methods, and works functionally well up to 16x resolution (4x4).

DSR TOOL

Uh, cool.

Speaking of which, did anybody ever manage to have it working on Optimus laptops?

And besides, were you aware of this?

• 5 weeks later...

Uh.. First of all, hats off to all that information. Really.

Second.. Perhaps should I have said "individually different" types?

Anyway, I dunno if you recently edited the table, it seems golden now. Bravo.

I did recently edit the information in the Google Spreadsheet, I had totally forgotten that tab existed.

I am not the one who created the document, but I am the one who has maintained and kept it up to date for last 3 years or so. It was in a very very sorry state before I took over.

Well, the aim of the wiki would indeed be "having people not to bother with details" (for as much, if anyone want to deepen we shall have it covered too).

Also.. I'm confused. Aren't "special requirements" the bits themselves?

And do you even need different bits for each AA mode in the same game?

What does "importing the flags" means?

Not having to bother with the details would be great honestly. But it's not always that simple.

That's why the google document mentions any special instructions that any individual game needs. 

For bits, yes different ones provide different functions. For example, if you wanted to force MSAA. It requires a different flag most of the time than say SGSSAA.

And with SGSSAA sometimes, different flags provide different results. Peoples choice might hinge on personal preference.

Like with many later UE3 games. They have FXAA forced on no matter what unless you disable Post Processing completely. Which means you lose Tone Mapping, Bloom , DoF and many other effects. So the user has to decide if they are ok with FXAA potentially getting in the way of SGSSAA working as well as it is supposed to. Which might be mitigatable with additional downsampling. Or lose all those effects

Another example is Dawn of War II series. One flag AA's everything fairly well. Including the UI. Another flag skips the UI and the resulting AA is slightly sharper, but has slightly worse aliasing. The game UI scales with resolution, so downsampling isn't very viable an alternative because the UI becomes too small.

So the person has to decide on the look that they like. Whether they'd rather use sharpening after the fact or are fine with it as is.

DOW II

No AA https://abload.de/img/noaag6st4.png

8xSGSSAA with flag that gets everything. https://abload.de/img/12c18xsgssaaans5e.png

8xSGSSAA with flag that skips the UI/is sharper https://abload.de/img/12c48xsgssaa96s5j.png

Importing flags means, you can export profiles from Nvidia Profile Inspector for a given application and any settings changed by the user (As long as the option to ignore pre-defined values is set) will be put into a file. Then someone else could import that file and then they'd have a profile for say

Dead Rising 1 - With the AA flag set, and Enhance application setting and 4xSGSSAA set. Since forcing is impossible, the user would have to make sure 4xMSAA is enabled in game for this example.

The problem lies in, that you'd have to make multiple profiles to export per game with each different setting set (Example. 1 profile with 4xSGSSAA set. One with 8xSGSSAA set, and so on) . Or just ones with the different AA flags set on the profile. The user would still need to know what they can do with that flag once it's imported and any special instructions from the game side.

I mean I guess theoretically one could create a tabled page with profiles to import for different settings and any special instructions. Basically what the Google Spreadsheet already is, but with a lot of links to importable profiles for each different setting. Rather than just giving the user the information and letting them input and set it up themselves.

Going that method, given that there are 571 Game entries including duplicates in the spreadsheet, just for SGSSAA alone if possible (2x,4x,8x) that's 1713 .nip files i'd have to make one at a time. Even if I was just making profiles with the different AA flags on them so people could import them and then set the AA manually. That's 571 .nip files i'd have to generate and then hope the user knows what to do afterward.

That's just how the application works.

Why not simply Nvidia inspector page?

The NPI page I made was already flagged for being too long and too wordy. If I added a section at the bottom in a table format for all the AA flags, that'd increase the page length a significant amount.

I mean, I COULD do this. Whether the Site admins/owners agree with it. Is another thing.

Speaking of which, did anybody ever manage to have it working on Optimus laptops?

And besides, were you aware of this?

I am aware of this guy. Really shady character, unwilling to take criticism or skepticism. That we should just accept his word as fact. Rather than engaging in conversation and trying to help educate his point of view and ideas.

He has multiple times tried to create these registry changes that supposedly make games run way better and other stuff But really didn't seem to amount to anything when people actually took the risk and installed them. Similar situation.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=405360

I don't necessarily think everything was fake that he was talking about perhaps. But the whole situation could've gone a whole lot better.

Whether Nvidia makes the Hardware Module purely as source of profit for G-Sync, is a toss up. There have been multiple blind tests done that show that people often pick out G-sync as the better of the two. We don't know the cost of these modules and the licensing they charge. Will they be in a manner that makes sure Nvidia makes money off of it? Sure that's what any business does. But it would be nice to see the price and point of entry come way down.

I'd really kill for just a 60hz Gynsc basic 1080p monitor.

AA settings have no effect in The Evil Within (id Tech 5): http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/gallery/album/90-the-evil-within-aa

Is id Tech 5 engine this problematic? I recall hearing some complaints when Wolfenstein: The New Order launched (the game had no AA options).

FXAA can't be forced from Nvidia control panel:

You are right it doesn't, because IdTech5 uses OpenGL. So you are at the mercy of the developer to support Anti Aliasing. Most modern OpenGL games dont' allow for any kind of AA to be forced from the Driver for Nvidia cards. IdTech4 games worked, but not IdTech5. There are no compatibilty bits for OGL.

You are right it doesn't, because IdTech5 uses OpenGL. So you are at the mercy of the developer to support Anti Aliasing. Most modern OpenGL games dont' allow for any kind of AA to be forced from the Driver for Nvidia cards. IdTech4 games worked, but not IdTech5. There are no compatibilty bits for OGL.

All of the AA settings (FXAA, MLAA, SMAA) captured in screenshots are in-game settings. I didn't try forcing, only injecting in the last screenshot.

Oh, whoops. I didn't actually look at your pictures. AA is definitely not working .
Wonder what could be the cause. Are you using any mods or autoexec changes? Perhaps it's broken when not using letterboxing?

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 298 Guests (See full list)