The Port Report - Interviews

Andytizer

Who would make a good subject for an interview?

I'm thinking of reaching out to various people that don't normally get interviewed - e.g. modders, tool creators, website owners. E.g. creator of SS2Tool, DSFix, UniWS, etc.

Who would you like us to reach out to? Who would make an interesting interview subject?

The staff at CivFanatics might be interesting, as well as members of the Civ modding community. There's quite a few good modders there.

I think Mevious, a Portal modder, would be an interesting subject as well. He's currently designing a game of his own, but his work on Portal level design (and his willingness to collaborate with other designers) is amazing.

The guy behind UserPatch for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. He's taken a nearly 15 year old game and given it every modern feature you can think of. The final version of UserPatch is releasing in three days. It's a shame that his work is getting overshadowed at the last minute by the release of Age of Empires II HD.

The creator of Defy Gravity Extended often posts on reddit and I'm sure he'd be willing to be interviewed. His game wasn't all that popular but it was a port from the xbox360 version. We could ask him about challenges of porting from a console, differences between working with Valve and Microsoft, etc. It could be really interesting.

I've begun to realize that these people are very interesting subjects, but I'm having a hard time coming up with questions as I don't know their specific subject areas :).

Perhaps for each suggestion, you could also submit 5 questions to ask, and also contact information or website URL if you have it.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 354 Guests (See full list)