Unnofficial Mods or Expansions

I don't feel as if they should be included in the series box, they just kinda clutter things up, and usually some mods are just bad, or vary in quality too much. Most users can just look up the unnofficial stuff up by themselves in my mind.

Mods that are normally go in a series sidebar are either objectively very high quality (Black Mesa), related to a retail release (Quake Team Fortress), or replicate an official retail game not available on a major PC platform (Half-Life: Decay). We're not going to start adding in every 2-bit mod just because it's "related".

It's something too subjective if you ask me, it's too heavily dependent on what the user likes, and I really would rather keep a series box limited to the official stuff, and link to the better mods in the articles instead. I also see no point in keeping Black Mesa Source in the series box, seeing as there's a Valve approved release anyway. Some series boxes already get pretty cluttered, and I'd rather have them be as clean as possible.

The series sidebars that get cluttered are the ones that have dozens of official titles (ex. Lego, Star Wars, etc.). Those are cases that cannot be worked around, regardless of official/unofficial games listed.

Ultimately, it will be up to the wiki staff (with community feedback) to make the best judgment in what mods and unofficial titles get added to the sidebars. The ones that deserve to be added will be made very clear by the gaming community as a whole.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 352 Guests (See full list)