Steam Beta adds FPS counter in overlay

Andytizer

I'd rather have them focus on making Steam more stable, even Origin is faster and quicker than Steam. But cool I guess.

Indeed.. screenshot and screencasting is somewhat social.. so may be considered in-game chat...

But benchmarking shouldn't really be steam overlay point, I would still rely on MSI Afterburner night and day.

Even though if it's just a FPS counter (the most comprehensive, yet simple, benchmarking thing possible) I may still be OK, since after all many people will just need (and will be happy with) it

When I started PC gaming I actually used Xfire for FPS meter and screen recording... 

Just saying that Steam should've already included this ages ago as it's pretty small useful thing and they already have overlay enabled in games. When you start to think about it it's bit weird how they already have streaming, but no recording option.