You need to have Cheat Engine installed, then launch the game, open the table, attach it to the process and use the hotkeys:
F4 - activate the mod
F5 - reset FoV to default
F6 - Increase FoV
F7 - Decrease FoV
F8 - Set FoV to default +30°
Quick video to show the mod in action: https://streamable.com/2iosxc
If you set an offset too high or too low the camera will flip upside down, just press F5 to reset it.
In-engine cutscenes are also affected, things that weren't supposed to be in the shot may behave oddly.
Vehicle weapon crosshairs may be off-center (higher) when using higher FoV, just aim a bit higher than the actual target.
This is an official patch made by Cyan. Uploaded here to make it easier to find since this was only posted in a forum.
From (Via Wayback Machine): https://web.archive.org/web/20200215003845/https://forums.cyan.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1587
As of December 29 2020, This is still newer than the gog and steam versions.
Nioh2Resolution Adds support for any resolutions to *Nioh 2: Complete Edition* on PC (UI isn't perfectly scaled).
Credit to LennardF1989 for the original Nioh 1 version.
## How to use?
1) Download the latest release of Nioh2Resolution.
2) Save the content of the archive to the root of the *Nioh 2: Complete Edition* game-directory (Defaults to `C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Nioh2` for Steam installs) (you can delete it later on)
3) Run `Nioh2Resolution.exe` and follow the instructions.
4) Start the game and set the resolution to the specified one (if that is not shown in the game menu, set it in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\KoeiTecmo\NIOH2\config.xml)
5) Restart the game as there seems to be a bug that breaks the brightness (and UI scaling) if you change resolution after startup.
## How does it work?
Before doing anything, the game will be unpacked using Steamless. This is required because the Steam DRM will otherwise not allow a modified executable.
Once unpacked, the patcher will look for the byte representation of the 3440x1440 resolution, and change all occurances to your desired resolution.
Anything wider than 21:9 should work decently, especially because the FOV scaling is Horizontal+, but some UI anchoring will be wrong and some other won't be scaled correctly. Loading screens and cutscenes seem fine.
Unfortunately Nioh 2 natively has a bug where the UI drifts after certain events at any aspect ratio above 64:27 (2560x1080).
There is an EXPERIMENTAL fix that and also allow the game to have fully visible UI and not stretched at aspect ratios below 16:9, but both fixes come with consequences. They are detailed in the patch itself.
In theory, this patcher should work for any version of the game.
-Added experimental fix to fix the drifting
-Improved text and fixed some false warnings
-v4 often ended up reported as a false positive by many anti viruses. I've moved a few things around to make sure this doesn't happen anymore.
Virus scan (of v5): https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2e3aaf6cd34fe77138e8f7de7a8d5007a6a53217b75db8696d1842de203981f7/detection
Source is available anyway.
Widescreen & Multiplayer for Contract J.A.C.K
- Supports monitor aspect ratio 16:9, 16:10 and resolution up to 1920x1080.
- change Field of View FOV 95 / FOV 110.
- Fix by Spawn for Multiplayer / Dedicated server for playing online (GameSpy.dll file)
- Fix by B.Vorontsov for comfortable play on Windows 10 (d3d8.dll file)
- Fix "Catastrophic failure" error for Windows 10
After setting a new resolution using WideScreenFix_CJ Do not open the Display menu in the game!
Otherwise, geometric distortions will occur and you will have to restart the game.
1. Before installing, upgrade the game Contract J.A.C.K. up to version 1.1.
2. Install the latest Official DirectX version (June 2010) https://www.download3k.com/Install-DirectX-Redistributable.html
3. In the properties of the game shortcut, specify compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and specify the launch from the Administrator:
ContractJACK Shortcut -> Right Mouse Button -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run the program in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 -> Run the program as Administrator
4. Run WideScreenFix_CJ.exe, Select FOV, select the aspect ratio and resolution of your display.
The widescreen patch WideScreenFix_CJ will be automatically installed into your game on the way from the Registry.
If the automatic installation of WideScreenFix_CJ.exe does not work, then copy all files from the "Files_for_Manual_installation" folder to the game folder.
Then follow the instructions "Self-installation WideScreenFix_CJ" (see at the end of the text).
5. Adjusting mouse parameters For smooth play and accurate shooting (see picture):
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse sensitivity -> minimum
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse Smoothing -> Maximum
6. How to play over the Internet and how to create a game server read in the "Fix Multiplayer" folder
7. How to install stable FPS for the display on Windows 10 read in the "Fix for Windows 10" folder
8. How to fix the error "Catastrophic failure" for Windows 10 read in the "Fix Catastrophic failure error" folder
Reinstall WideScreenFix_CJ in Restore to Default mode.
Known BUGS & SOLUTIONS
Unzip and read file "readme_WideScreenCJ.txt"
I made this table to change the FoV while in-game, in realtime.
These hotkeys are defined:
F4 - Activate the script
F5 - Increase the FoV by 2.5 degrees
F6 - Decrease the FoV by 2.5 degrees
F7 - Reset FoV
F8 - Set FoV to native +30 degrees
You can choose between three versions: a no-script version, for which you need CE installed and to manually attach it to the ACAH process.
A .exe standalone version (zipped, password: pcgw), this file will trigger false-positives with your antivirus, as most CE trainers do.
Or you could re-create the standalone version by yourself with the script version.
A black circle will appear at the borders of the screen when using FoV values higher than 95-100 (at least when using 16:9 resolutions).
This mod affects all the cameras in the game: from the main menu background to the cutscenes, etc. etc..
Who's Online 0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 385 Guests (See full list)
There are no registered users currently online
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.