About This File
Official patch 1.10 for Halo: Combat Evolved. (includes all previous patches)
What's New in Version 1.10
- Bumped version to 1.0.10.0621
- Moved Gamespy services to use new non-Gamespy server
- Fixed a family of index-out-of-bounds bugs which had been exploited to crash clients
- Made banlist parsing not case-sensitive
- Removed halt on cache file verify error
- Removed some verbose debug logging of gamespy connections
- Fixed handling of video cards with >= 2GB of memory
- Enabled refractive Active Camo on Nvidia cards, which had previously used an alpha fade. (AMD cards already have this)
- Updated 2003-era upper bound on the video resolution picker. Use at your own risk; the game is untested at 4800x3600.
- Updated chatbox settings to work with newer resolutions
- Models node limit updated to 63
- Fixed reading sv_ban_penalty from init.txt
- Disabled executable_is_valid checksum from strings.dll
- Allowed network access in devmode
- Fixed parsing of custom map names containing a "."
- The CD Key database is now online too, to assist people in creating meaningful banlists for their dedicated servers.