Free to play -games

I'd like to propose couple improvements especially free to play games. 

With "store unlock" free to play games usually don't have retail copies and they most definitly aren't DRM-free as most require always on connection. Could we have some generic "3rd party account" icon in place? 

Some articles list free to play as key points while other have it in availability. Maybe we could have some kind of template to availability section which lists it's free to play and what account it needs. This would also make it easier to have free to play category which would list all free to play games on PC. 

I've been meaning to update all the Availability icons, and actually have most of them done after I did some work on them a week or two ago. I just need to make some tweaks and upload them.

What do you think a 3rd-party icon would look like? This is our current "Account-based" DRM icon.

As to the free-to-play question, I think it's a good idea but I'm not sure how we should approach it.

• 2 weeks later...

OK how about simple really simple template which would be used in availability section, stating before the table that game is free to play and requires X account and adds article to free to play category?

Seems pretty simple and would seem useful for some people, but this hasn't gained that much popularity it seems. 

Free to play games also usually have differend places to download them. For example raptr/amd is dedicated to offer only free games neatly from one place and reward from playing them. Some games also include steam integration even if they use their own account (Warframe, Loadout) but that could be stated in steam notes. 

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 388 Guests (See full list)