Humble PCGamingWiki Enhancement Initiative

Andytizer

Note: officially this campaign will be launching very soon, keep your eyes and ears open.

We are hosting a campaign with Humble Indie opinionator Cheese to complete listings for every single Humble Indie Bundle game that has been released. The full campaign information is listed on Cheese's website. Here's how to help:

1) Check Humble Indie Bundle for missing (red) pages, incomplete articles, and general improvement.

2) Refer to the Sample Article (PCGamingWiki:Sample_Article) for tips on how to layout the pages.

3) For questions, clarifications, progress reports, please reply here.

4) Check out Soeb's project progress indicator.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, as we move into this end stage, it would be nice to know exactly needs doing to finish the project.

Soeb, if you could update your progress page with a list of remaining games, we'll be able to try and finish this project up this week :).

Sure, I just added a list to the progress page.

A large number of those however is prototypes. I'm not sure whether they actually deserve separate pages. This might require a bit of discussion.

Sure prototype should get their own pages - but I don't think they should contribute to the 'count'. We should consider the project finished even if we don't finish off those prototype pages. Maybe we can just make stubs for all of them at the moment.

Sure, I just added a list to the progress page.

A large number of those however is prototypes. I'm not sure whether they actually deserve separate pages. This might require a bit of discussion.

Sure prototype should get their own pages - but I don't think they should contribute to the 'count'. We should consider the project finished even if we don't finish off those prototype pages. Maybe we can just make stubs for all of them at the moment.

+1 for getting stubs up. I'd say that for the Double Fine prototypes, there's a better case for not including them. The Amnesia Fortnight event wasn't branded as a Humble Bundle. The Introversion prototypes however, were.

I think there are a few threads on the Introversion forums which cover what they can and cannot do (they've got readme files too, I think?). That said, they're not really games per se, so they're definitely in a grey area too. We're not keeping details on any of the other Humble non-game stuff, are we?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to post in here for a couple of weeks, but I've been so busy. It looks like we've hit our three major milestones (100% article creation, 100% per-platform release dates, and 100% porter details where applicable).

After chatting with soeb, we're looking at the 20th as a closing date on the initiative, after which we'll look over what we've done, and what sort of impact it's had, and hopefully put a nice report together (which I'm hoping will be interesting and encourage future focused contribution efforts in the future).