OS Categories - Include them?

Nicereddy

Are we still including OS categories at the bottom of articles? It seems many articles have had these removed, but the Sample Article wasn't changed. I imagine the infobox automates the categories, so should we remove them from the pages?

To be clear, I mean the actual syntax, as in "[[Category:Windows]]".

As Soeb said there's essentially no reason to add categories manually now that they are automatically part of the normal page content. Even the pages that don't have automated categories yet can be automatically found using Special:UncategorizedPages or PCGamingWiki:Maintenance/Missing release dates.

There is no need to specify the release state in the infobox in place of an OS name now that there are specific release state templates (Template:Predev, Template:Alpha, Template:Beta, etc.) so I'd say such cases should be migrated to use those where applicable.

If the decision is to remove the existing categories in general I can do that automatically with Garrbot, so don't go out of your way removing them manually. :)