Rockstar Classics

Patrxgt

I have archived all three installers of the games, that were provided by Rockstar for free around 2004. Those games are: Grand Theft Auto (1), Grand Theft Auto 2 and Wild Metal.

Would it be a problem, if I'd upload 'em in the "Files" section for the preservation purposes and ease of use? (most of the sites, that provide 'em are either full of viruses/agressive ads and/or are hard to find)

20 minutes ago, Aemony said:

I believe we've already removed all links to a certain "Rockstar Games" branded fake website that hosted those games, so please don't upload them.

But those ones aren't fake. Those ones I've archived on my own from the original site. They're 100% original.

The site that was removed was more of an "imitation" rather than outright fake, as it hosted the genuine games themselves.

I agree these installers should be archived here for preservation as they are a simple and straightforward DRM-free versions of the games, and they were released for free back when the email service was active. Plus, these games are now abandonware so more important than ever and are hard to find the genuine versions of for reasons Patrxgt mentioned.