Dualsense PC owners, I have a doubt

hiagoloy

So, recently I bought a new Dualsense controller just to use it in PC and updated it to the last firmware. The thing is that when I play Spiderman or Deathloop, the speaker doesn't work. It just doesn't. I know that the web sounds should come from the speaker, and in Deathloop, Julianna's radio calls should also use the speaker. I didn't test it before the firmware update, so my doubt it, is the speaker working for you guys?

6 hours ago, hiagoloy said:

So, recently I bought a new Dualsense controller just to use it in PC and updated it to the last firmware. The thing is that when I play Spiderman or Deathloop, the speaker doesn't work. It just doesn't. I know that the web sounds should come from the speaker, and in Deathloop, Julianna's radio calls should also use the speaker. I didn't test it before the firmware update, so my doubt it, is the speaker working for you guys?

It is, but you need to have the controller connected using a USB cable. If it's connected through Bluetooth all the extra bells and features of it won't engage.

8 hours ago, hiagoloy said:

Make sure your DualSense connected via USB.
If it's a Steam game turn off the Steam Controller support for the game. Right click on the game -> Properties.
Here is some more info: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualSense

Having had issues with this myself in the past, one thing I found from looking through discussion forum for applicable Steam games is that apparently is that you want to make sure the sound device for the controller is not disabled, as apparently that has had something to do with how it works.

It's unfortunately always been a point of confusion with getting Sony controllers to work as far as I have known, worse with DualShock/PS4 controllers due to the lack of support, though even now with Duelsense sometimes having proper/native support for a game it can still be very confusing to get working.
Also as others have said it needs to be done via USB, as that's at least one thing that is confirmed to be known, where for whatever reason the way the drivers work they aren't supported over Bluetooth.

That all being said I don't think I've still been able to have any luck personally with having the speaker work. Death Stranding would be the most recent game I played that made spe fic use of the Duelsense controller, but only the adaptive triggers as I never seemed to get the speaker working, though I was never able to find any definitive proof if it was even supposed to work in the first place.