Jump to content

Prisoner of War (2002) seems to run slow, even with dgVoodoo


Recommended Posts

So I checked this game and seems to be a port of the PS2 version that ran at 30 FPS, but ingame it doesn't feel like 30 FPS at all, even with dgVoodoo2 properly configured. Most times seems like the game is running in slow motion or something like that when moving around, but the framerate never drops from 32 FPS (capped), really weird. Anyone can confirm this as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AlphaYellow said:

No ayuda en absoluto, parece un puerto de PS2 descuidado, tal vez alguien más avanzado pueda arreglar el juego y desbloquear el límite de 30 FPS también.

the game works perfectly for me on windows 10 on a pc with a gtx1050ti and an i5 7400 and I don't think it's a good idea to disable the 30fps limit

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2022 at 4:12 AM, diegoelcapo123 said:

the game works perfectly for me on windows 10 on a pc with a gtx1050ti and an i5 7400 and I don't think it's a good idea to disable the 30fps limit

Why would it be a bad idea to disable the 30fps limit? First time I see someone prefer low fps in a game,

game plays smooth 60fps on PCSX2, if someone wants to emulate, it doesn't seem to be an engine issue, as people said before, lazy pc port.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, scagent said:

Why would it be a bad idea to disable the 30fps limit? First time I see someone prefer low fps in a game,

game plays smooth 60fps on PCSX2, if someone wants to emulate, it doesn't seem to be an engine issue, as people said before, lazy pc port.

that the pcsx2 emulator says that it goes to 60fps does not mean that the game works internally at 60fps

for example the game black in the pcsx2 emulator says that it goes to 60fps but actually the game works at 30fps

(214) Black - PS2 - Frame Rate Test - YouTube

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, diegoelcapo123 said:

that the pcsx2 emulator says that it goes to 60fps does not mean that the game works internally at 60fps

for example the game black in the pcsx2 emulator says that it goes to 60fps but actually the game works at 30fps

(214) Black - PS2 - Frame Rate Test - YouTube

I didn't even have to use a framerate counter, I later launched the game again using  rivatuner, to 100% confirm and not the built in counter, because you are correct its not always right, but I also didn't have to  I noticed the difference in smoothness immediately , the pcsx2 version is way above 30fps, not only is the difference felt and seen but on top of that rivatuner confirmed it. and it ran at 60fps.

 

I don't know if you want to try pcsx2 yourself, but here is a vid as well, it doesnt have a framerate counter, but you can notice how smooth it plays here during gameplay, compared to BLACK which is very  choppy and indeed runs at 30fps, dont even have to look at the graphs to see how choppy it runs

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 639 Guests (See full list)

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    1,577
    Total Topics
    8,519
    Total Posts
×
×
  • Create New...