25 to life win10 stuttering

linobanfix

Hi,

I installed 25 to life on windows 10 and every time the game loads an audio file, such as cops voices, the game freezes for a few micro seconds creating stuttering.
The problem is the data_dx / stream folder which contains 5000 emt files.

If I delete these files the game is very fluid, but obviously the sound effects are missing.

Does it happen to you too? I use a MSI GE62VR 6RF APACHE PRO and the game is installed on ssd. I also tried to start it in xp / 98 compatibility

Thanks

Thanks for the video. Yes, its the same problem.

The problem are the voices of the cops and player when they see enemies or dies. I think the game have problems to load all that small audio files in data_dx /stream

If you delete all emt files on that folder, you will see that all micro stutters disappear.

Maybe other games uses emt files and someone found a solution? 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/5/2023 at 2:09 PM, Zach Fett said:

If it helps, 25 to Life's emt files are just renamed ogg files. Not sure if maybe there's some way we could rename them to ogg and then compress them or something?

Thanks for the advice. I tried compressing the files but the micro-stutters didn't disappear.

I found out that there is an unofficial updated version called 25 to life Classic. For now they have only updated the online multiplayer, where they have also fixed the micro-stutters. Unfortunately the single player mode is not available but maybe they will add it in the next updates.