Anyone got TrackMania United patches/updates 0.2.0.9 and 0.2.1.0?

cuzbabytonight

The only patch on the game's wiki page is 0.2.0.8. Update 0.2.1.0 was only offered through the launcher which is no longer a thing, so it's basically lost media. Some minor digging led me to the existence of a 0.2.0.9 patch, but I can't find it anywhere, all I know is that at some point it was offered by GameShadow (which I highly doubt works in 2021, considering the website is dead).

There seems to have been some retail re-release that straight up came with version 0.2.1.0, while 0.2.0.9 was a patch exclusive to the Metaboli (Gamesplanet) downloadable version. No clue on what either changed due to lack of documentation and standalone distribution, and I'm not exactly clear if 0.2.1.0 was actually available as an in-game update or just exclusive to that one retail release.
Ref: https://united.tm-exchange.com/threadshow/218454

On 9/28/2021 at 2:56 AM, Brownd said:

There seems to have been some retail re-release that straight up came with version 0.2.1.0, while 0.2.0.9 was a patch exclusive to the Metaboli (Gamesplanet) downloadable version. No clue on what either changed due to lack of documentation and standalone distribution, and I'm not exactly clear if 0.2.1.0 was actually available as an in-game update or just exclusive to that one retail release.
Ref: https://united.tm-exchange.com/threadshow/218454

In the Win8 fix section of the game's wiki page, the link given to the fix mentions using the in-game updater to apply the patch (tho it does work without it).

2 hours ago, cuzbabytonight said:

In the Win8 fix section of the game's wiki page, the link given to the fix mentions using the in-game updater to apply the patch (tho it does work without it).

The question would be whether that patch effectively applies the update to a 0.2.0.8 installation or if there's any files missing (haven't tried it myself due to reports of graphical issues with that fix)

Still, an original update installer would be ideal to have.

• 3 months later...

I have found out that updates 0.2.0.9 and 0.2.1.0 shouldn't really matter. The only differences between those and 0.2.0.8 are the executable files or DRM. Found this in the comment section of a Russian torrent site (the one where the cracks (aka Windows 10 No-StarForce patches) for TMPU, TMSSU, TMO, TMS, TMN ESWC,... are originally posted), so I can't give a link to that. As long as you install 0.2.0.8 and the 0.2.1.0 fixed files you should be good to go. Still, if someone does find them, please share them so that this can be proven.