GTA 5 1.50 downgraded to 1.27 to save on size. Which files are safe to delete?

Go to the game's directory then open "Update/x64/dlcpacks"

There are folders starting with "mp", these are mp DLCs, best thing is to know which pack was released after 1.27 then you should delete these files without any risk.

Or you could just get an old build on the high seas, the MP is not available on an outdated build anyway so just get the RLD version and voila

9 hours ago, Fog13k said:

Go to the game's directory then open "Update/x64/dlcpacks"

There are folders starting with "mp", these are mp DLCs, best thing is to know which pack was released after 1.27 then you should delete these files without any risk.

Or you could just get an old build on the high seas, the MP is not available on an outdated build anyway so just get the RLD version and voila

My game is legit, but the downgrader-thing not so much. I could get the RLD version or some repack, but that would mean re-downloading the game, which is something I really don't want to do. I also have a hard time finding which dlcpacks came after 1.27. Googling "gta 5 dlcpacks after 1.27" doesn't seem to do the trick.

Then try to deleting them one by one and launching the game, if you get an error that means you deleted the wrong folder, so all you have to do is to restore it and try another one

After using an old pre-extracted torrent as well as a 1.27 update pack as a reference (only by looking at the file list on the website, I didn't actually download it), I have figured out that the only dlcpacks needed for 1.27 are the following:

mpchristmas2

mpheist

mpluxe

mppatchesng

patchday1ng

patchday2bng

patchday2ng

patchday3ng

Every other dlcpack can be deleted, reducing the game down to it's original ~60GB size. Not sure if there are any other unnecessary files, but who cares when the game is reduced back to 60GB. I tested two missions, Daddy's Little Girl and Doting Dad (I heard that these could be problematic, plus they're short, so that's why I tested them) and I completed them without a problem, tho this was through the Replay Mission menu option on a 100% complete save game. Idk about actually progressing through the game, but I think it should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it's dead topic, but if someone downgrades game and want to know, what DLC folders he can delete, then search for "dlclist.xml" in "update.rpf" archive. In this file you can find, what folders aren't used in the downgraded build.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, patrxgt said:

I know it's dead topic, but if someone downgrades game and want to know, what DLC folders he can delete, then search for "dlclist.xml" in "update.rpf" archive. In this file you can find, what folders aren't used in the downgraded build.

Thank you! This could save me some hassle in the future.