DRM on 32 bits binaries of Crysis Warhead (GOG)

Fog13k

I bought Crysis Warhead on GOG a couple of years ago and it was packed with the x64 binaries, i used x64 by default for years but i've heard from some modders that the 32 bits exe was way more stable for both Crysis and Warhead and the only difference being the texture streaming turned on by default (you have to manually set it to 0) 

Everything worked fine on 32 bits Crysis but then i tried Warhead and i was shocked to see that the chicken DRM is still here on "non-DRM" GOG version, enemies and bullets fired will turn into chicken and the sound will simply go off, this is a famous anti-piracy measure used by Crytek back then but it seems it wasn't removed, at least not in the 32 bits binaries, i had to use a crack

This doesn't seem to be a big issue as most people use the x64 binaries, but i have to admit that the modders were right, Crysis is far more stable in its 32 bits version, using some texture mods, i had crashes with the x64 version back then that just disappeared using the x32 binaries, so i think this should be noted on the wiki page of both games

GOG's store page does mention the following at the bottom of it:

Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars are available only as a 64-bit version.

Is this not correct? Does the game actually include the 32-bit executables as well?

Also, what form of DRM are we talking about here? Various Crysis entries have been found to include the anti-tamper component of SecuROM still active and enabled, but with the DRM functionalities disabled. Typically speaking PCGamingWiki doesn't per se treat the anti-tamper component of SecuROM as DRM, as it only rears its head when attempting to do stuff like inject third-party DLL files, and otherwise don't enforce any form of copy protection (which differs from Denuvo Anti-Tamper, for example, which has its occasional online connectivity requirement).

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:19 AM, burbigo3 said:

Hello, still no answers for this one ? I'm interested too, please.

On 1/21/2021 at 11:11 PM, Aemony said:

GOG's store page does mention the following at the bottom of it:

Is this not correct? Does the game actually include the 32-bit executables as well?

Also, what form of DRM are we talking about here? Various Crysis entries have been found to include the anti-tamper component of SecuROM still active and enabled, but with the DRM functionalities disabled. Typically speaking PCGamingWiki doesn't per se treat the anti-tamper component of SecuROM as DRM, as it only rears its head when attempting to do stuff like inject third-party DLL files, and otherwise don't enforce any form of copy protection (which differs from Denuvo Anti-Tamper, for example, which has its occasional online connectivity requirement).

Yes it has the Bin32 folder, but keep in mind that i got the game on GOG in the week of release, maybe newer copies dont have the 32 bits binaries