New infobox

Newmansan

I like the new infobox and what it allows. My one complaint is that the fact that it tries to make the all the developer publisher entries a link to an article. I think we aren't going to have articles for most developers/publishers, resulting in too many red links. 

Thus I have two ways to fix this: Either change the "{{Infobox game/row/developer|Developer}}" bit so that it still formats the wording to the right side of the infobox and get rid of the way it points to an article.

or

Give the ability so that if we just put "|publishers   = RandomIndieDeveloper" it pushes the text to the right side of the info box, but doesn't point to a non-existent article. This would allow us to keep pointing to the developer/publish articles (the few we have) while keeping more red links from the majority or articles where there won't be a developer/publisher article pointed to.

I like the flexibility of the second one better personally, but what do you guys think?

I don't mind the red links a whole lot, they're only really common on indie games. I think they're more helpful than hurtful, especially for making sure the articles are high quality. I've discovered a lot of poorly-made articles through this system.

I can see why it could be annoying, but as we go on the red links will become fairly rare, I think/hope.

I don't see this as an issue - if there is a red link then it should be filled out. Eventually we will get to the stage where every page is created and there'll be no more red links.

I guess I just missed the policy change for it, but last I knew we weren't going to make publisher/developer pages. I guess this changed somewhat recently?

• 4 weeks later...

[Automated] This discussion has concluded and a verdict has been reached. If this is not the case and there are still matters left undiscussed please contact a member of staff to get the topic reinstated.