Splinter Cell: Blacklist Steam version rendered unlaunchable in numerous territories

Andytizer

PCGamesN reports problems with Splinter Cell: Blacklist's release for players in certain countries:

Players in South Africa, Bermuda, Kuwait, Indonesia, Egypt, Israel, the Philippines, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Jordan, Cyprus, and Serbia have been stuck in a state of perpetual pre-load, despite the game’s recent release in all of those countries.

It's unfortunate that people appear to still be having problems according to various threads on Steam Community Discussions and Uplay forums.

Click here to view the article

I've really been disappointed by Ubisoft's PC offerings recently. Square Enix has Nixxes doing amazing ports, EA has Origin (which I personally kind of like), 2K Games tends to do a pretty good job, and Activision just doesn't ever seem to make anything all that interesting, in my opinion.

Ubisoft, however, makes games I'm interested in but refuse to buy because of UPlay and problems like this. It's really annoying, considering they seem to be such a forward-thinking publisher in comparison to others. They've released some of their games on GOG.com, I guess they weren't profitable enough to warrant continuing such a practice.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 368 Guests (See full list)