F1 2017 - question about uploading official .exe without Denuvo

The lost

Since F1 2016, all Codemasters F1 titles have incorporated Denuvo DRM. However, during a free trial period last year, F1 2017 was officially updated on Steam with an exe that did not contain Denuvo. Additionally, dev mode exes were also included. The following update reverted to include Denuvo on the main exe and removed the additional files. 

Given CM's propensity to delist licensed games without prior notice (see F1 2013, DiRT 1, 2, 3 and Showdown, GRID etc). there is a possibility these F1 games may not be updated before delisting to remove Denuvo.

As such I was wondering what the official stance would be on uploading a zip of the four exes to the F1 2017 page? I should clarify that these haven't been modified in any way and still contain standard Steam DRM so would not constitute hosting of modified files.

Alternatively, is there a way to force Steam to revert to the earlier build that would allow a legitimate Steam user to obtain these files without having to download them from another source? Also, if this is possible, would this still be the case if the game was subsequently delisted?

Given that a previous version of F1 2017 exists on Steam which lacks DRM, we actually have a guide for downloading previous versions of games on Steam.

Before we'd allow the full instructions on how to remove the game's DRM onto the game's wiki page, however, we'd need proof the DRM-free exe, when combined with the latest version of F1 2017, doesn't break the game.

As for the question of whether downloading a previous version of a game would break if it was subsequently delisted, it depends on how it's been delisted. Some games have been taken completely off Steam, meaning even legitimate owners cannot download said games at all; others, such as the LEGO adaptations of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, are still downloadable by legitimate owners and, thus, Steam should allow their previous versions to be downloaded.

What? Which games have been totally orbit nuked from Steam?

Back in topic, I guess like you could even upload it for archival purposes, if that was really your concern, but it seems somehow.. too much of a trifle for game page. Especially if such file was still available from steam repos: https://steamdb.info/app/515220/depots/

I would prefer that PCGamingWiki not host files which the game developer/publisher might find questionable, as the future of the website depends on complying with various copyright holders. However I have no qualms with offsite linked version of files being used in our articles in this particular grey area.